~ 17 ~

THREE WEEKS LATER :-

It has been three very long and exhausting weeks ever since I had a normal break. Classes are going on in a full swing. There is so much to study and so less time.

Somedays I wished there were more than 24 hours. We have submitted 6 assignments in the last 3 weeks, including two papers on PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and pancreatitis. My papers were graded 'A' by the professor and I must say I was delighted. Liam got a 'B+' in both papers.

There's no competition between us but being competitive comes naturally to me. So maybe I was a little happy that I was the only one in the entire class of 40 students to get an 'A'.

I called Daniel to tell about it but he was busy in a pre-wedding shoot. I'll tell him later. No issues. We both have work to do.

I was lying comfortably on my bed after having one medium sized baby corn pizza and a bottle of coke all to myself. Liam was busy with his boys prepping for tomorrow's bonfire in the campus woods.

YES!!!!

The bonfire. I am having mixed feelings regarding the whole spending-an-entire-night-in-the-woods-around-a-bonfire thing. I mean I have done these things in high school. I expected college to be different than high school. Guess, college is exactly like high school, just levelled up.

I turned on my back facing the off-white ceiling staring back at me. I missed Daniel and New York. I had so many people back there and here I only have Liam and maybe, Derek. I miss being with friends and maybe this is my fault. Two months in college and I only managed to befriend Liam. How friendly of me!!!!!

Maybe I should take this bonfire an opportunity to make a few girl friends. Yes. Totally gonna do it. Being social and friendly reminded me of my Instagram handle. I grabbed my phone from the bed side table and logged in to my account.

@AmarraW

I scrolled through my feed and liked so many pictures my friends from NYC have uploaded ever since I got here. My best friend Claire posted a selfie of us as a parting post.

liked by AmarraW and 547 others

claire_licious95 Gonna miss uh my pretty gal. XOXO!!!!!!

16 comments

Aww my lovely Claire always so sweet to the ones she loves. I remember this picture. It was the summer of 2016. All of our friends namely Candice, Paul, Ian, Joseph were out with their family spending summer in their farm houses. Claire and I couldn't go that year because of I don't remember the reason. So we were hanging out at Starbucks almost daily to not miss our friends. HEHE.... sounds silly.

Scrolling through my feed, a thought crossed my mind and I hit the search button typing DEREK HALE. The very first account was Derek's with his beautiful yet grumpy face on the display profile picture.