~ 1 ~

It is 7:00 in the morning when I woke up twisting and turning in my bed beneath the duvet. The moment I sat up I smiled looking out the window. The sun was shining golden like a big torch from the sky and the birds were humming and chirping sweetly making a lot of beautiful sound. I really like the little and beautiful things Nature has to offer.

I stood up from my safe haven, which is my fluffy bed and looked around my small but comfortable single-seater dorm room. It has a comfy bed, a medium sized closet for clothes, a small shelf for books, a huge mirror attached to the closet, a small study table and chair.

It is my own little world.

I am soo happy that I got my own single room. Infact I am lucky as a junior doesn't get a single-seater room. Actually when I got here 2 days ago, there were no sharing rooms available and after I got this room my brother Daniel, made sure they don't shift me in case a sharing room gets available.
#luckymehappyme

I quickly opened the closet and took out a clean black tshirt, a pair of light blue jeans, a set of matching black lingerie and headed towards the common shower area. It took me half an hour to take the shower, get dressed and prepare my handbag that I have to take to class. I don't have the class schedule yet, so I randomly put two new notebooks, anatomy book, a set of different colour gel pens, a pencil and a highlighter. I was ready on my way to study science and become a doctor.

I left my room at sharp 7:45 a.m.

_____________________________

The college campus is not too big so it wasn't much time consuming when it came to finding my classroom. When I got there, I saw name tags fixed at all the seats. My name was on the first bench right in front of the teacher's desk. 'Oh God!! Bless me', I thought instantly.

The benches were two-seater. The name tag next to my was of a guy named Liam Davis. My mind quickly began drawing an imaginary picture of Liam and I wondered what he would be like. Would he be a full-on nerd, or a total jackass or in the best case scenario, maybe he would be a semi-nerd, just like me.

By semi-nerd I mean to say people like us study and get good grades but they also go to parties, get drunk and pull pranks. Yupp, that's me. We are people full of fun and adventure. When I was at school, my teachers were always fed up of me and the pranks my group pulled out on them. It was soo soo fun. But they couldn't do much to punish me since I was really good at studies and I had a 4.7 GPA. Ofcourse, I am smart and intelligent and beautiful.
#beautywithbrains

I sat on the seat assigned to me and waited for the rest of the class to fill up. Moments later, I saw a guy walk in.

He was handsome. He was wearing blue jeans that hung low from his waist and a black coloured Game of Thrones tshirt that read, 'THE NORTH REMEMBERS' in bold white font. I don't know how and why I got the feeling that he was Liam Davis. His eyes were flickering around the whole class looking for his nametag when I decided to speak up.

"Hey! Are you Liam Davis?" I asked with a small smile on my lips.

"Umm hey! Yeah, that's me. How'd you know?" Liam said a little confused.

"I don't know, I just, I mean you have been looking for your nametag for the last 5 minutes and the fact that you looked everywhere except the first bench made me assume that maybe this is what you are looking for." I said in a breath signalling to the vacant seat next to me.

"Wow" Liam settled in his seat. "You can be one hell of a detective. What are your future plans? Joining FBI or what?? Liam chuckled teasing me.

I gave a light slap on his arm and he laughed. And in that moment, we knew we have become friends. And this friendship is gonna last. There comes a warm and welcoming feeling when you are with someone, and you know that you are gonna be each other's confidant. That warm and welcoming feeling was coming from Liam. And I just knew that he is going to be my best friend. We talked a little about us, especially if we like to party. And guess what, Liam loves parties, getting drunk and drunk dancing until he drops.

_____________________________

Soon enough, the professor entered the classroom and introduced himself as Mr. Douglas. He was our anatomy professor. He proceeded with marking the attendance and then started the 'Introduction to Anatomy' lecture. Liam and I got busy making notes, highlighting every important line and word that Mr. Douglas asked us to and writing furiously in our notebooks every important detail that Mr. Douglas said.

At 2:00 p.m. our class ended and we finally took a sigh of relief. Liam excused himself to get registered for the basketball team and I went back to my room.

The day went perfectly fine exactly the way I had imagined. I thought of calling Daniel and telling him about my day, but when I looked at the time I shrugged the thought away. Daniel is usually with his girlfriend having lunch at this time on a daily basis. So I just slouched on my bed and slept off.

___________________________

I woke up around 6 p.m. and looked outside the window. It is a thing for me since I can remember. After waking up, the first thing I do is look outside from the window. It gives me a different kind of happiness and peace.

It was almost dark and the sky was brimming with hues of orange and yellow along with shapeless gray clouds. It looked so damn beautiful. The photographer in me suddenly jumped in excitement and I decided to go to the lake park and capture a few shots of the beautiful sky. I was still in my morning clothes but I didn't have the time to change. So after adjusting my hair in a messy bun, I went out.

________________________

The lake area is breath takingly beautiful. It is actually a park with a heart-shaped lake right in the centre surrounded by bushes bearing colourful flowers. The whole park was surrounded by different trees. It was a lot of greenery out there. The water in the lake was shining a mix orange and yellow right now. It looked surreal.

I took out my phone and clicked a few shots of the lake and the sky. But then I thought of making a video of the whole lake park to send to Daniel. I know he would love it. Daniel is a photographer by profession and he is very good at it. Plus, he makes enough money for both of us so that we live our lives at ease. I am also a good photographer but I didn't pursue it as a career. Since our parents died in a car accident 6 years ago, I decided that I have to become a doctor and save lives.

Anyways, I put the phone on video mode and started taking the video from the main entrance of the lake park. My plan was to start the video and slowly move towards the right hand side and keep moving in a full circle until I reach where I started.

But when I was halfway done, I spotted someone in the video. A guy I think.

Since it was faded dark, I couldn't see clearly. He was on the other side of the lake. I took a few steps and reached at the edge of the lake from my side. I concentrated my eyes to see who that was until I got a real picture. He was a shirtless guy who was wearing only black trousers, and doing push-ups on the far end of the lake.

I paused the video unknowingly and my legs started taking me to the shirtless guy (Yes I have a thing for shirtless guys). It felt like I was drawn to him, like he was pulling me towards him.

I went closer and closer and closer, and he became clearer and clearer and clearer.

When I was about five steps away from him, he stopped doing what he was doing and looked up straight at me from the push-up position.

'Oh my gosh!! Just kill me already'. I thought instantly as my heart started to breaths in my mouth and my legs froze in their place.

____________________________

Hello there dear readers,
This is the first chapter of ALWAYS BETTER TOGETHER. Please read it and do tell me what you think about it.

You can comment on the story itself or DM me. Also don't forget to VOTE. It is important for me if you vote. It is a motivation to write more and write better.

Thankyou.
Stay home everyone and read stories.

~With love, Preeti.