~ 3 ~

I raced upstairs to my room without taking a pause. Once I reached the door, I fiddled in my jeans pocket for the key. My heart was racing, my face and ears were heated up and my hands were disoriented.

I took the keys out after some struggle ; the struggle was that my jeans were tight , infact womens' jeans are too fitting and it is sometimes difficult to put or take things out of the tiny pockets.

I quickly unlocked the door , got inside the room and locked the door behind me. Leaning against the door, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

When I closed my eyes, the very first thing I saw , was DEREK ; Derek and his beauty. I stood like that for I don't know how long , my breathing getting back to normal.

My eyes were still closed and my mind was constantly painting Derek's beautiful picture. His hypnotic, green eyes, his adorable smile showing off his cute bunny teeth , his sharp jawline that could I guess cut my fingers if I ever get the chance to touch it , his hunky muscular body , the spiked raven colour hair , the sexy triskelion tattoo and how can I forget that sexy voice. He too has a smart mouth like me and when he smirks, I go into pieces. AHH!!!!

He is crystal clear in my head. And he is the most beautiful guy I have seen in my life. From the moment I saw him from the other end of the park, I was gripped. It felt like he drew me to him. I have never felt that way ever in my life. Ofcourse, I have had boyfriends before but none of them made me feel like Derek did, in our first meet only. And as insane as it may sound, but I guess I am falling for him.

My Derek-trance broke when my phone rang in my pocket. I took it out with a little struggle and smiled seeing the caller's name. It was Daniel. I was so happy to see his call.

"Hey Daniel. How are you?? Did you eat??" I asked in a cheerful tone.

I always have to make sure that Daniel eats on time as he isn't much of an eater. Most of the times, he is so busy and engrossed at work that he forgets to eat. I, personally never understood this non-eating habit of his. He says he doesn't feel hungry. That's why I always had to take care of his meals. But now that I am here and he is at home, I can't do much other than asking.

"Hello little sister. I am great except for the fact that I am terribly missing you and your nonsense. The empty house is really taking a toll on me. And yeah, Aairah made sure that I had my dinner." Daniel said in a happy tone.

"Very good big brother." I said taking a breath. "How's Aairah by the way?? Did you ask her to move in with you yet??" I asked him, a little concerned.

"She is good." Daniel said in a low tone and I understood something was wrong. "Well I don't think she wants to move in, yet. I mean I asked her but she didn't say anything. I don't know what to say now." Daniel said sadly.

"Ohh.... I see. Maybe she needs time to think about it. Moving in is a very big step, you know. Don't rush her. Just give her some time and space to think about it." I said, trying my best to give him some ray of hope.

"Yeah, maybe. Well, you tell me, how are you?? And how is med school treating you?? Did you enjoy your first day??And most importantly did you make any friends??" he asked cheerfully.

"Hehe.... except for the painful fact that I, too, am missing you and your daily drama , I am great. I really enjoyed my first day. It was anatomy class and our professor Mr. Douglas is very good. And I also made a friend in class. His name is Liam and he sits next to me. Plus, it felt so great that I am finally studying in med school. I hope I made Mom and Dad happy." I said, the last line a little sadly.

"Ofcourse sweety. You have made all of us very happy and proud. Mom , Dad and I, we love you alot." Daniel said cheering me up.

"Thanks Daniel. I love you too. Okay I gotta go study for tomorrow. I will call you later. Goodnight and take care." I said.

"Yupp... go and study future Dr. Wilson. Good night and you too takecare." Daniel said and I hang up smiling.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up. I hadn't realised how much I am missing Daniel and my parents house, until he called me. This is what's called homesickness and I am literally feeling it now more than ever.

Plus I felt that Daniel was upset over Aairah. I completely understand that Aairah needs time to decide and that is a good thing to do ; but Daniel is my brother , my only family , I cannot see him sad. And considering the fact that he is head over heels in love with Aairah, if she refuses he will be heartbroken. I just want that Daniel and Aairah stay happy.

I also felt like I betrayed him by not telling him anything about Derek and his beauty. I never hide anything from Daniel and I have no idea as to why I didn't mention Derek to him. But I will tell him as soon as possible. He is my brother ; he has the right to know things about me.

__________________________

Shrugging all the thoughts away , I changed into my night clothes - a loose sky blue tshirt , white shorts printed with sky blue unicorns. It is a cute night dress and one of my favourites. I decided to prepare for tomorrow's class and also go through all the notes I wrote today.

It was eleven when I finally finished studying and put my books aside on the study table. I was yawning like a beast. I just wanted to sleep now. And so I did. When I closed my eyes , my mind again painted a beautiful picture of Derek and I went to sleep smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning , I got dressed in a bright yellow tshirt , a pair of blue jeans and ankle length brown boots. I let my hair loose ; my honey brown highlighted straight hair falling all over my back , small strips coming on the sides of my face and my shoulders. The original colour of my hair is black which I don't like much. So I got them highlighted which looks really cool. After looking in the mirror for the millionth time , I left for class.

On my way , I had only one thing on my mind - DEREK. I wanted to see him again. But he was nowhere to be seen. I don't even know what year student he is or if he is a student at all. I asked him but he ignored my question , I remember that.

When I reached class , I met Liam.

"Hey.... I got selected for the basketball team." he beamed.

"WOW.... Congratulations Liam. You must have shown special skills at the trial." I said matching Liam's chirpiness.

"Yeah , I have got skills." Liam said proudly. "But there was this asshole senior , who happens to be one of the co-captains ; he was literally a pain in all of the first year students asses. You know what he did?? He rejected all of us." Liam said angrily. "But then the other co-captain came and took our trial. He selected me and four other guys from our class. He was liberal and I like him." Liam explained the situation.

"Ohhh.... sports politics suck. But I am very happy that you got selected." I side-hugged him and we settled in our seats.

As Mr. Douglas entered the class , I decided to put all my DEREK thoughts away because I needed to focus on class. So I put Derek in a heart shaped glitter box in my head and concentrated on anatomy.

___________________________

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS

THERE IS A NEW UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU. I KNOW I UPDATE ONLY ON WEEKENDS BUT IT IS WORTH IT. PLEASE READ THE CHAPTER AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT. ALSO PLEASE HIT THE VOTE BUTTON. YOUR VOTES ARE MY MOTIVATION. PLEASE SHOW SOME LOVE TO MY HARDWORK.

I HAVE THOUGHT OF INTRODUCING CHAPTERS BASED ON DEREK'S POINT OF VIEW. SINCE HE IS THE HERO OF THE STORY , WE SHOULD KNOW WHAT HE THINKS. SO I HAVE DECIDED TO WRITE THE CHAPTERS AS DEREK'S JOURNALS. IT WILL BE CREATIVE AND WORTH IT.

TILL THEN STAY SAFE EVERYONE.

THANKYOU!!!
LOVE Y'ALL♡

~With love, Preeti