~ 15 ~

THE FOLLOWING DAY AFTER FRESHERS': THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V. :-

Alex was dozing off in his comfy bed when Derek marched into his dorm unannounced and pulled the duvet off of him. There was anger in his eyes as he got up from the bed and stood facing Derek.

"What do you want Hale?? Have you lost your mind??" Alex shouted, mostly irritated because Derek disturbed his peaceful slumber.

"I haven't but I have an inkling that you have." Derek said, anger laced in his voice.

"What are you talking about?? Last I checked I haven't troubled you after that peace treaty our parents' made us sign." Alex said with gritted teeth.

"Yeah not me. But spiking the drink of a junior, seriously!!!! What do you think you're doing haan??" Derek accused him.

Alex chuckled bitterly. "Ahh!! I see what you are actually talking about. Concerning a certain brunette with brown eyes and too sexy to handle." Alex said looking playfully at an angry Derek. "But I don't understand why are you here pleading her case??" he asked curiously to which Derek broke eye contact with him.

"That's none of your business. If you're forgetting, I am the discipline in-charge of college events. And what stunt you pulled out that night, I can get you suspended. Even expelled." Derek pointed out.

"Well, I don't need to worry about that now. Do I?? You won't get your baby brother suspended. Would you??" Alex said teasing Derek, stressing too much on the word "brother".

"Step brother." Derek corrected clenching his jaw and fists.

Derek was already annoyed of him. He hated Alex from the deepest core of his emotionless heart but there was not much he could do to punish him.

Even though they were step-brothers, Derek being the elder one, felt his responsibility to not put his younger step-brother in much trouble. Things may not be friendly between them now, but there was a phase when they lived and loved like real brothers.

Also he couldn't confess that he liked the certain brunette in question, otherwise Alex will do everything in his power to woo her and push Derek out of the equation.

It was possible considering Alex's undeniable charm and also the fact that he had done it before. So, Derek had to come up with something else to protect the girl he has recently taken a liking to.

"What's your deal with her anyway?? As far as I know, you'll not just pick a girl and start making her life a living hell." Derek demanded an explanation.

"Well...you know she's friends with our newest star player Liam and she's hot. Plus I haven't dated in a long time. Just know I didn't get off to a good start with her and she calls me 'douchey'. I am just annoyed and want to make her college life a little unbearable. That's it." Alex said and smirked.

"Stay away Alex. Else I will have to forget the treaty. Do you understand?? And what do you think will happen when I tell Mr. Anderson about all your amazing deeds??" Derek threatened Alex knowing that there's only one thing that really scares Alex Anderson and it's their dad's anger.

"I'll try not to bother her." Alex said in a low tone.

"Well and good." Derek smirked at him and left the room leaving an angry and irritated Alex behind.

_____________________________

PRESENT DAY :- Amarra's P.O.V.

I was walking in the lake park feeling conflicted about how to talk to Derek and apologize for my really really rude behaviour the other day. He was just trying to help and protect me. Liam's right.

He cares about me.

Now I only have to figure out in what way. Is he being helping and caring because I'm a junior or he likes me??????? I hope I figure it out real soon. He will be leaving college in a year and a half. It's enough time but not enough time to spend together if he likes me back. You know what I mean.

I had asked Liam for Derek's contact number and I had texted Derek to meet me in the lake park after it's dark enough. He didn't reply me back confirming if he'll come. I wasn't sure if he was going to come considering our last encounter. But as the hopeful girl I am, I hoped he would.

It was 6:30 p.m. and was getting dark minute by minute. The park was lit by not-so-bright lights, so it wasn't too lighted. I was going to wait for another fifteen minutes. Minutes passed by, it was 6:42 p.m. when I decided to leave feeling disappointed. I actually thought he would show up. Well, this answers atleast one question that he doesn't like me that way.

Feeling like I could cry any second, I turned around to leave only to bump into the person I was so dying to see.

"Seriously, we gotta stop meeting like this." he said with a small smile laced over his face.

I couldn't believe he came. I was just staring at him with no words escaping my mouth. He looked so radiant and beautiful in that dimly lit park. 'How can he look this good all the time??' I thought. He waved in front of my face to bring me back to Earth.

"Derek... Ummm... I didn't think you'll come after my behaviour." I said slowly without meeting his eyes.

"Well.... I wasn't going to but then I thought everyone deserves a second chance." he said to which I gave him a small smile. "What do you wanna talk about??" he asked standing in front of me with his hands stuffed in his jacket pocket.

"I wanted to apologize for my behaviour. Trust me I'm so ashamed of how I acted out. You were just trying to help and I totally burst out in front of you. I am so sorry." I said.

"It's okay. I understand your anger. But Alex is not someone you wanna mess with if you want an easy life. What he did was wrong, I know. But you have to trust me on this. I took care of it. He won't bother you anymore." he assured me.

"Really??? What did you do?? Beat him up??" I asked excitedly.

"Umm....Let's not assume too much." he chuckled looking away for a second or two.

"Hehe!!! So I was thinking since you've saved me from possible danger more than once, I owe you a treat. What do you say??" I said nervously, already knowing that he'll refuse. But I was determined more than ever. "And don't say no because you're a senior I'm a junior and we can't go out for a normal treat. I can invite Liam that way nobody will be curious. You in??" I said in a convincing tone.

Derek hesitated for a moment but then he agreed to go out with both Liam and I. I was so happy from the deepest core of my tiny little heart. This is going to be very interesting.

Yayy!!!!

_________________________________

Hey dear readers,

I know this chapter is short and I am sorry for this. And I promise next chapter is going to be amazing for all of you with their first outing and stuff. Also, this is going to be a start of a new friendship between Amarra and Derek. Liam still doesn't like Derek much and he tolerates Derek only for Amarra.

Also, Alex is Derek's step-brother. How do you feel about this plotline???? Do tell me.
Like it or don't????

Plus there are going to be so many revelations about every characters life further in the story.

So please stay tuned and please don't stop reading.

Please VOTE for the chapters.

Love,
Preeti.