~ 24 ~

~~Flashback {8 years ago}~~

"Derekkkkkkk.... you have to come." yelled Jenna from the other side of the phone.

Actually, Jenna wanted to go shopping for the upcoming Prom with Derek. And Derek hated shopping, especially with girls. You won't believe he was willing to wear Peter's Prom suit which was 5 years ago.

Lazy ass.

Jenna has been trying really hard to take him shopping for the past week but he always had an excuse ready to save him.

"Ughh!!! Jenna, don't you understand??? I don't want to. I hate shopping." Derek said annoyingly.

"You wanna go to Prom with me or not??" Jenna asked sternly.

"Ofcourse I do." Said Derek assuring her.

"Then you have to go shopping. With me. Today." Jenna ordered.

Well, Derek doesn't take orders too well. They kind of make him deny them.
"And what if I don't???" he said.

"Well. Nothing. I'll just hang up, call Camden and tell him I'll go with him. You know you're not the only one who asked me to Prom." Jenna smirked.

"Camden?? As in Camden Lahey??" Derek asked.

"Yes Camden Lahey. My lab partner. One with beautiful blue eyes." Jenna said and laughed inaudibly on the other line.

Derek was angry now. He never thought Camden would lay eyes on Jenna. But he always suspected him of having feelings for Jenna. And now he has the audacity to ask her for Prom, when he knows they are together.

Derek thought it best to put aside his hatred for shopping and give in. He was so effing jealous right now.

"You know I think Peter's suit is too old fashioned and worn out as well. Plus he slept with some girl wearing that suit. So I'll just go shopping with you and get a new one. You still willing to take me shopping???" Derek said trying hard to mask his jealousy with a prompt excuse and totally failing.

Jenna pumped her fist in excitement that she finally convinced her poor baby with a lie. Yes, Camden never asked her to go Prom with him. He knows she is with Derek. And Jenna knew how jealous Derek has always been of her friendship with Camden. So she just took advantage of it.

"You promise you won't back down????" She asked like always. She has this childlike tendency of pinky promises. Derek finds it amusing and he never fails to keep those promises.

"Yes my love. I won't back down." he said lovingly and smiling like an idiot on the phone.

"Phew. And my work here is done." She said huffing.

"Wait what do you mean by that???" Derek asked confused.

"Nothing." Jenna replied afraid of being caught in her lie. Which didn't go unnoticed by Derek. He heard her heartbeat over the phone.

"You're lying right??? About Camden." he asked.

"Derek you promised you won't back down." Jenna reminded him.

"And I won't. But you knew that I'm jealous of Camden. You used that. Is it that obvious???" Derek said.

"Yes I knew. And it is obvious to me. Don't know about others. The glares you give him during Chemistry. You really thought I wouldn't understand???" Jenna scoffed.

"Whatever." Derek said pouting.

"Derek dear, I love you. And only you. Always remember that." Jenna assured him and they smiled and blushed at the same time.