Annabeth Chase x Percy Jackson x Reader (Whose It Gonna Be) Part 3

One year later

“Come on y/n, I know you can do better than that. When facing an enemy, look for their weaknesses and exploit them. No matter who the enemy is, they all have some type of weakness that can be used against them. Even the strongest of heroes each have a weakness, you just have to find them and use it to your advantage. I’ve taught you this already, now show me what you’ve learnt.” Percy said to me as he was training me. You see, I asked Percy a few months ago if he could train me since he is the best swordsman in camp and I wanted to become stronger.

Flashback

I was in the Hephaestus cabin working and forging swords and armour for both the camp and myself. It’s been a few months since I’ve been at camp and I’ve spent most of my time in bunker 9, which my siblings had shown me on the first day, forging whatever the camp has needed. To be honest, I have a lot of fun creating new weapons and armour for people who actually appreciate what I create and it brings me great joy. Unfortunately, because I have spent so much time forging, I haven’t actually trained in combat at all and I really want to learn so I can defend myself whenever I am attacked or to protect someone. I heard from people that Percy Jackson is the most skilled and strong swordsmen in camp so I left bunker 9 and made my way to cabin 3 where I would hopefully find Percy. As I was walking to the cabin, I become lost in my thoughts thinking about Percy. He and I are really good friends and we hang out whenever we can, but the truth is, I actually have a crush on him that developed over time. I could get lost in his sea green eyes and his jet black hair looks so soft that I would love to run my hands through it. Someday, I’m going to tell Percy how I feel, I just hope he accepts my feelings. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and realised that I was at my destination. I knocked on the door and Percy opened up.

“Hey y/n, what are you doing here?” Percy said as he allowed me to enter and we walked over and sat down on his bed.

“Well, I was wondering if you would be able to train me in combat since I haven’t been able to train because I’ve been in bunker 9 all the time. I understand if you’re too busy to, but I was hoping you may be able to.”

“Sure, I wouldn’t mind at all.”

End of flashback

Percy started training me not long after that and has been ever since. I’m really happy that Percy had said that he would train me and has helped me improve on my skills, but I’m also happy about the fact that I can spend time with him almost every day.

“Hey y/n, what’s got your head in the clouds? Come on, you have to focus. Now let’s duel and see if you can find any weakness to use against me. Oh, and use any trick that you can to knock me down.” Percy said as he got into his fighting stance and I did the same. ‘Any trick huh, I’m not usually one for playing dirty but I have a few tricks up my sleeve.’ I smirked on the inside but kept a straight face on the outside. Once we were in our fighting stance, we stood there and waited for the other to attack. After a few seconds, I notice a hint of a smirk on Percy’s face.

“What’s the matter y/n, too scared to make the first move? Worried that you’re going to lose? How do you hope to become stronger if you’re just going to hide and be a coward? You’re never going to become strong by being a coward, that’s how you end up dead.” Percy said in a taunting voice. I knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to taunt me into making the first move so he could use it to his advantage.