Frank Zhang x Reader (I Love You Not Leo)

Requested by @AinsleyTheName

Frank Zhang - Son of Mars and my best friend, but also the guy I have a crush on. When I first met him, he was with Leo and they helped me get to Camp Half-Blood when they told me I was a demigod and away from my abusive uncle.

Leo Valdez - Son of Hephaestus and also my best friend who is always there for me when I need him. I think of him more of a brother than a best friend. He knows everything about me, also my crush on Frank.

Then there's me, y/n l/n daughter of Hades and half sister to Nico Di Angelo and Hazel Lavesque. Like Nico, I can raise the dead and shadow travel, though long distances wear me out.

I've been at Camp Half-Blood for a couple of months now and I love it so much. It's so much better than where I used to leave with my abusive uncle. Yes, my uncle used to be abusive and he would always take it out on me. You see, I used to live with my mum, but then she died and my uncle took me in. Ever since he took me in, he begun to abuse me for one reason or another. Most of the time I think it was because he had nothing better to do.

Flashback

I was in the car with my mum and we were on our way back to our home. All though, along the way I got a bad feeling that something was going to happen and I was fidgeting along the way.

"Y/n, are you ok? You seem to be fidgeting a lot. Is something the matter?" Mum has asked me when she noticed how I was acting. I stayed quiet because I don't want to worry mum. I know she worries about me a lot because I'm not like all the other kids. According to mum I'm special. But I don't know what's so special about a kid who has ADHD and dyslexia. I can also see things that no one else can see and if I tell anyone about it, they would think that I'm crazy and would send me to a mental hospital, taking me away from my mum.

"I'm okay mum. It's nothing to worry about." I tried my best to look mum in the eye and tell her, otherwise she would think that I would be lying. I usually tell mum what is happening, but this time I didn't and I don't know why.

"Ok honey. You do know that you can tell me anything right? I'm always here for you." I nodded my head and started looking out the window. Mum is always there for me and I know she would always be there. What I didn't know was that our time together would be short. After a while, we had stopped at the lights, but a car was driving really fast and from what I could tell, the driver was drunk. Mum was trying her best to move out of the way, but the car drove straight into us and collided with our car. It hit mums side and killed her instantly. I don't know how, but I could sense her life force and could tell that she was gone. In the collision, I was hit as well, but not as bad as mum. I got a lot of scrapes and bruises and when someone had noticed, they called the ambulance. When the ambulance arrived they took me to the hospital whereas the police dealt with my mum. I don't know what they did after because I was beginning to see black spots and I welcomed the darkness.

A few hours later

When I had awoken, I looked around and saw that I was in a white room and had an IV drip in my arm. That's when I noticed that I was in the hospital. There was a nurse who had seen me awake and walked over to me.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" The nurse had asked me.

"A bit sore, but better than before." That's when I remembered mum and how she died. I began to cry and the nurse came over to me and hugged me, calming me down.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. Is there anyone who can look after you?" I began to think and told the nurse about my uncle. I gave her the details and she left to go and give my uncle a call and tell him what had happened. After half an hour, my uncle had come to the hospital and as soon as he saw me, he ran over and hugged me but not too tightly because of my injuries. I hugged him back and cried. My uncle rubbed circles in my back and whispered soothing words into my ear, calming me down and telling me that everything is going to be ok. What I didn't know was that it was all an act. When I was realised from the hospital, uncle took me home and as soon as we entered the front door, uncle pinned me to the wall and started choking me. He looked at me with hate in his eyes.