Percy Jackson x Reader (Meant to Be) Part 1

Requested by @Aw0kenAn6el

"You like him, don't you?" Annabeth, my best friend, said to me as we were setting up camp for the night. I stopped what I was doing and said,

"What?" She pointed to where Percy was and said,

"Percy, you like him, don't you? I see the way you look at him." All I could do was nod my head as I felt my cheeks begin to heat up.

"Then why don't you just tell him how you feel?"

"While we're on a quest looking for my father's master bolt? Sorry but that's not going to happen. We don't exactly have any free time right now. Besides, even after we find and return the bolt, I'm not going to tell him."

"Why not? You'll have plenty of time to tell him."

"To be honest, I'm scared. Percy can get any girl he desires, why would he go for me? Sure, I'm a daughter of Zeus, but that doesn't mean anything. I may have a powerful father, who is blaming Percy for the disappearance of his weapon and wants him dead, but that doesn't mean anything because aside from that, I'm just a normal girl." I felt my heart start to ache, but I ignored the pain and continued doing what I was doing.

"Y/n," Annabeth began to say, but I interrupted her.

"Look Annabeth, I really don't want to talk about this. We should just focus on the quest, how I feel towards Percy doesn't matter. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stand watch tonight." I grabbed my sword and walked off, ready to start my job. As I was walking, I passed by Grover.

"Hey Y/n, are you on watch tonight?" I nodded my head and said,

"Yeah, go ahead and get some sleep. Goodnight Grover."

"Goodnight Y/n." I continued walking, watching for any signs of danger. I have my sword in front of me, ready for any attacks.

"Hey Y/n." Percy said as I was walking.

"Hey Percy, what are you doing?" I said as I walked over to him.

"Just enjoying some quiet time. What about you? Are you standing guard tonight?"

"Yeah. I figured that everyone is tired after everything that happened today. Especially after doing that favour for Ares. I suppose we should at least thank him for the ride and the backpack full of supplies. Anyway, you should get some sleep Percy, we're almost to the Underworld and I don't know if we'll get anymore time to rest.

"Alright, goodnight Y/n."

"Goodnight Percy." I left him where he was and made my way to my post.

Time skip

"Annabeth, how did you do that?" Percy said once she reached us after playing ball with Cerberus, a massive three-headed dog.

"Obedience school. Now come on, we're so close to the throne room. Let's go." We left and made our way to the throne room, where we will find Hades. Once we arrive, we entered the room and found Hades sitting on his throne of fused human bones, looking lithe, graceful and dangerous as a panther. We walked up to him and bowed. Percy was the one to speak.

"Lord and Uncle, I come with two requests." Hades raised his brow and leaned forward in his throne.

"Only two? Arrogant child, as if you have not already taken enough. Speak then, it amuses me not to strike you dead yet." I could hear Percy swallow. This is not going well.

"Please sir, return Lord Zeus's master bolt to me and let me carry it to Olympus. No one wants a war."

"Do you think I want war Godling? I control all the precious metals under the earth. But the expenses! If we have war, I will have no place for all those souls to go. No, I don't want a war."