Leo Valdez x Sift Stone (The Past Is The Past) Part 3 (Final)

"Yes Sift, I'm your dad." I could tell he was telling the truth and I ran straight to him with tears in my eyes.

"Daddy!" I hugged my dad real tight and cried. Dad didn't say anything, all he did was hold me tight. After so many years of not knowing him, I was happy to have him in my life. I understand why he had to leave so mum and I would be safe. After a couple of minutes, we released each other from the hug. That was when Leo spoke up,

"Forgive me my Lord, I should give you two some privacy so you can get to know each other." Poseidon nodded his head and before Leo could leave I ran up to him and hugged him. I don't know why, but I felt comfortable around him, but I don't trust him just yet. I really want to trust him, he seems like a really loyal and trustworthy person. But I can't just yet, I'm too broken and I need someone to help me heal.

"Thank you for showing me around Leo. I-I had a lot of fun and would like to hang out again sometime. I would really love to get to know you and one day, I'll tell you my past but that's when I know I can trust you." I hugged him once more and then made my way back to my dad.

"I'm really happy that I could finally meet you Sift. Tell me, how is your mum doing?" As soon as he mentioned mum, I looked down to the ground with a sad expression on my face. Dad saw and he hugged me, asking me what had happened. We sat on the beach and I began to tell dad about everything. Beginning with the death of mum to living with me abusive step family. Dad didn't say anything, he was listening intently the whole time and didn't say anything until I finished telling him everything. After I finished telling him, I was in tears and dad pulled me into him, hugging me tight.

"Sift, I'm so sorry for not being there. If I knew about the death of Rose, I would've asked your uncle Zeus if I could raise you in Olympus so you didn't have to go through that. I'm truly sorry for not being there for you Sift. I hope you can forgive me. You see, as a God, we aren't allowed to interact with our children so much. But we have realised that our children need us and we intend to do better. I'll always be here for you Sift. Whenever you need me, just call and I'm there. I promise, no I swear on the River Styx to always be there for you." Thunder sounded in the sky. Dad told me that if was nothing to worry about, it was just signalling that the promise/oath has been made since it was sworn on the River Styx. For the first time in a long time, I was happy.

5 years later - age 15

It's been 5 years since I came to camp. After I met my father for the first time, I spent more and more time with him and got to know him. I felt really comfortable around dad and could tell him anything. He came to camp once a week and we would always spend the day together. I'm so happy that I met dad and that I have a great relationship with him. Another person I have spent some time with is Leo. I don't know why, but I wanted to spend more time with him and get to know him. It did however take a long time for me to trust him and an even longer time for me to tell him my past.

Flashback - 13 years old

"Hey Leo, do you want to head down to the beach?" I asked my best friend. Yes, Leo and I are best friends after 3 years of knowing each other. It took a while for him to earn my trust, but he's done it. I get the feeling that Leo made it his job to protect because every time there was someone who was going to bully me or tease me for something, Leo was always there and he defended me. I was always touched when he protected me and I found it really sweet because I had someone to protect me for the first time in my life. It was a really great feeling.

"Hello, Earth to Sift." Someone began shaking me and snapping me from my thoughts. I looked to who it was and saw that it was Leo. I gave him an annoyed look and he put his hands up.

"Don't give me that look. You were spaced out and weren't listening. What got you so spaced out anyway?"

"I was thinking about you and how you always defended me and protected me when I needed it. Also how we are now best friends after 3 years of knowing each other. You proved to me that I could trust you and you would never to anything to break that trust. Thank you Leo." I hugged him and the we made our way to the beach. The reason I asked Leo if he would hang out with me is because I'm going to tell him about my past. I trust him so much that I would trust him with my life. When we got to the beach, we found a quiet spot and sat down. It was silent at first, not an awkward silence but a comfortable one. After a while, I got up from my spot and walked over to the water, running my hands through it. Being a daughter of Poseidon, I always found comfort when I'm in or near water, it helps me relax. Leo walked over to me after a few minutes.