Nico Di Angelo x Reader (You're the light of my Life)

Warning: Mention of self harm, read at own risk.

People have many opinions when it comes to self harm, but I just want people to know that you're not alone. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you guys. I may not know you personally, but if you ever need someone to talk to, just send me a message, I'm here for you.

Edited

Nico's POV

'How did it get to this point?'

I stare at the blade that's recently coated in blood, my blood, just sitting on my bedside table, reminding me of what I've done. I then look at my arms, more precisely my wrists, and see blood flowing down to the palm of my hand. I wince slightly at the pain, watching as the blood leaves my body.

'Why me? Why am I the one whose suffering like this?'

This isn't the first time that I've done this, and it probably won't be the last. I thought I was strong enough to deal with this emotional pain, and that I could deal with it in a less harmful way, but I was wrong. So, I turned to self harm to deal with it as I needed to feel pain to cope. You're probably wondering what the Hades I'm talking about, so let me explain. I've basically lost everyone that I've ever cared about. Firstly, I lost my mother at a young age, leaving my older sister, Bianca, to take care of me. Then, not too long ago, Bianca went on a quest not too long after we were found by Percy and his friends, only to die when she sacrificed herself. Finally, my dad doesn't even talk to me anymore, like he doesn't care, which I don't even know why. We used to talk, even if it was just a little bit, but now, not a word is said. So, I push everyone away, even those who I have become better acquainted with. The only time I leave my cabin is to train, that's it. I don't even leave to go and eat any meals. I know my friends are worried about me, I can see it whenever I see them, but I ignore them. However, no matter how many times I ignore them, they always come around and try to talk to me, asking me what's going on as well as trying to get me to eat, or go outside for some fresh air.

It was silent throughout the cabin until, there was a knock on the door. My eyes widen as I looked to the door and then back to my wrists. I knew that I would have to quickly wipe the blood and hide the cuts before anyone notices.

"Hang on, I'll be there soon." I ran to the bathroom grabbed a bandaged and quickly wrapped it around my wrists. Then, I found a long sleeved black shirt and put that on, making sure that the sleeves are pulled down and that they are completely hidden. Once I made sure that it couldn't be seen, I opened the door, only to see the one and only Percy Jackson standing there.

"What do you want?" I said rather harshly. You can't blame me for being so harsh, but I wanted him to leave. Not only did I not want to take the risk him seeing the bandage on my wrist, but I was still mad at him for allowing Bianca to sacrifice herself. I can't help that I have a grudge against him, it's a Hades thing. The harsh tone of my voice didn't seem to faze him as he stood there.

"Chiron wanted me to tell you that a new camper has just arrived at camp."

"Really? So, why come me to me? It's not like I care if we have a new camper."

"He wants you to show her around."

"Why me?"

"Well, he would've asked someone else, but we're all too busy with other matters. Also, due to the fact that you rarely leave your cabin much these days,  you could use some fresh air."

"Really? I could use the fresh air? Tell Chiron that I'm perfectly fine staying in my cabin and that I'm too busy to help out a new camper." All he did was fold his arms.