Jason Grace x Reader (Brain Tumour) Part 2 (Final)

Jason's POV

'Cancer.'

'Brain Tumour to be exact.'

'Goodbye Jason.'

These words swarm through my head as I watch Y/n leave the sword arena, leaving me all alone. I wanted to go after her, but I also knew that she needed her space, especially after telling me that she has Cancer. 'I can't believe I pushed her to tell me about it. I shouldn't have done that, but I'm her best friend, don't I deserve to know? I admit, I feel guilty about what I did, but I also feel hurt that she didn't want to tell me. I should go and find her, but I'm worried that she doesn't want to see me anymore. It truly broke my heart when she said goodbye.' I thought as a single tear fell from my eye, falling down my cheek.

"Hey Jason, are you ok? What's wrong?" I felt someone's hand on my shoulders, bringing me out of my thoughts, and when I looked to see who it was, I saw Percy. As soon as I saw him, I quickly wiped away the stray tear and said.

"Yeah, don't worry I'm fine. Hey, by any chance, have you seen Y/n?"

"Y/n?" He had a look of thought on his face and after a few moments of silence, he said, "Actually, I just saw her a few minutes ago. I was about to ask her if everything is ok, but she just continued running, not once stopping. I did however, notice tears running down her face. Jason, what happened?" I looked at him with an ashamed look and scratched the back of my neck as I said,

"Just before, Y/n came to the sword arena and when I saw her, I ran over to her and grabbed her hand, gaining her attention. She pulled away and I couldn't help but feel hurt since she has never done that before. I asked her if everything is ok and she said it was before saying that she was going to leave. I asked her if we could hang out later, but all she said was goodbye, like she didn't want to see me again." All Percy did was give me a look of confusion.

"I don't understand. You and Y/n have been best friends for a while now and all of a sudden she says goodbye. That doesn't sound like her, anyone can see that she would never want to lose you." I threw my hands up into the air, dramatically of cause, and said,

"I know. Anyway, I said to her that if I did something wrong, she should tell me so I can fix it. She said that I didn't do anything wrong and that the problem is her as well as saying that I'm the most important person to her and because of that, she is saying goodbye, saying it's for the best." I could see that Percy was focusing on everything I was saying.

"So what happened for her to run off with tears streaming down her face?"

"Well, we spoke some more and there was something she just wouldn't tell me. I should've respected that she didn't want to say anything, but I pushed her and said that I'm her best friend and I deserve to know. Anyway she snapped and finally told me what was wrong, only for me to look at her in shock. She ran off and disappeared before I could say anything." He didn't say anything straight away, silence was the only thing between us. After a few minutes of complete silence, he finally spoke,

"Listen Jason, I don't know exactly what this is about since you didn't specifically tell me what it was she didn't tell want to tell you, but all I can say is this, find her and talk to her. She obviously needs someone by her side, that being you. Whatever it is she is going through, I know she will need you by her side, even if she says she doesn't, she can't go through it alone. She needs you Jason, she needs her best friend."