Sanny Argent x Luke Castellan (Best Friends no More)

Requested by @Sunkissed

My name is Sanny Argent and I'm a daughter of Poseidon. I have been at Camp Half-Blood for two years now and I have learnt so much, done so many things and have made many friends. One person in particular has been my best friend ever since I came to camp. His name is Luke Castellan, a son of Hermes. He has blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes that I could stare into all day. Oh sorry, I didn't mean to say that. Anyway, he was the very first demigod I met, I just wish we met on better conditions.

Flashback

I was standing on the beach, admiring the view as the waves crashed against the sand. I don't know why, but for as long as I could remember, I've always loved coming to the beach and admiring the view, I've always felt at peace. As I was lying on the beach, everything was quiet until suddenly, I heard what sounded like a growl. I looked around me, but found nothing. I shrugged it off, thinking it was just my imagination, but then I heard it again and I knew for a fact that something was there. I immediately stood up and ran towards where my mother was standing. She sent me a smile when she saw me approaching, but then she looked concerned when she saw the scared look on my face.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"I, I think there is something here. I was just admitting the view like I always do, but then I heard wat sounded like a growl. I looked around and saw nothing, so I brushed it off, thinking it was just my imagination. But then, I heard it again and I just knew that something was there and it sounded hungry. Mum, I'm scared." She got up from her spot and hugged me.

"Don't worry sweetheart, everything is going to be ok." Mum said to me in a soothing voice. I wanted to believe her, but for some reason, I didn't. I felt like something was going to happen and that someone was going to get hurt, or worse. There was nothing but silence between us, and I couldn't help but worry about whatever it was that I heard. I got so paranoid that I began looking around the area, searching intently for anything suspicious/dangerous.

"Sanny..." Mum began to say, but then she was cut off by the same growl I heard. Before I could say anything, a large and tall creature with glowing red eyes appeared straight out of the shadows and started advancing towards mum and I, growling the whole time.

"Sanny, get to the car right now!" Mum shouted to me and as fast as we could, we ran straight to the car and drove away as fast as we could. We were eventually far away from the beach, but we kept in going, in fear that the creature is still chasing us.

"What was that? And why was it targeting us?" I said after a long moment of silence. I heard mum breathe out a sigh and she suddenly stopped the car, turning towards me and giving me a serious look.

"Sweetheart, there is something I need to tell you and I'm not sure how you're going to take it. First off, do you remember all those things about Greek mythology, you know like all the Olympians and the monsters that are said to be legends?"

"Yeah, of cause I remember. You told me all about them, I could never forget."

"Good, because those 'legends' are real, everything from mythology exist. Like that creature we saw at the beach, that was a Hellhound and it wasn't targeting us, it was targeting you." All I could do was look at her in shock. After a few moments, I said,

"Why? Why would it be targeting me? I'm just a normal girl."

"No, you're not just normal. I've been keeping something from you, and it's to do with your father. Listen Sanny, your father didn't die when you were younger. He had to leave because of who he is. I don't know specifically who he is because he never told me, all that he told me was that he is one of the Olympian Gods and because you're his child, that makes you a demigod, Half-Human and Half-God. Now, we don't have a lot of time, but before your father left, he told me about this camp that's the only safe place for demigods like you. It's called Camp Half-Blood and I think it's time for you to go, where you can train and be safe." All I could do was look at her in shock, not believing that any of this happening. I was about to ask more about this camp, but then I saw the Hellhound from before and before I could warn mum about it, it leapt into the air and landed on the car. All I could do was scream as mum tried to start the car, but her efforts were in vain. The Hellhound smashed the window and tried to attack me, but mum jumped in front of me, protecting me from the attack. Before the creature could attack again, it was suddenly turned to nothing but ash. I looked to see who killed the creature and saw someone with blonde and blue eyes standing behind where the monster was, a sword in his hand. I was about to ask him who he is, but then I remember my mum and turned my attention to her. I saw that her eyes were half open and a lot of blood was on her torso. I tried my best to move so I could lay her down, trying not to injure her anymore. The guy who killed the monster helped me move mum into a more comfortable position.