Leo Valdez x Reader (Carnival Date)

Requested by @GuessWho

Sometimes, being a demigod isn't easy. Every day, it's a fight for survival against some type of monster who wants to kill you just for being who you are, a demigod. Life isn't easy for demigods if you haven't been trained properly. Believe me, I would know. My name is Y/n L/n and I'm a daughter of G/p.

Messed up. That's the only way I could describe my life. Ever since I was young, I have seen things that no one else has seen. I have done things that no one has any explanation for and finally, I have fought things that shouldn't even exist in the world. When asked about these things, I try to explain but people think I'm simply crazy. At first, I tried to convince them I'm not crazy but eventually, I gave up. I let them believe what they wanted and didn't bother trying to convince them otherwise. The only person who had believed was my mum, though she is not my real mum but my foster mum. I don't know what I would do without her. You see, I was abandoned when I was little and if it wasn't for my foster mum, I would've died on the streets.

I still remember the day I had found out the answers to all my questions. It was also the day I found out that I was a demigod.

Flashback

It was just another normal day at home, I was sitting in my room listening to music while mum was making some lunch for the both of us. While I was listening to my music, I felt a cold presence and when I looked behind me, nothing was there. Even though I couldn't see anything, the presence was still there and I felt nothing but fear as cold chills went down my spine.

"Y/n, lunch is ready." I heard mum say and I let out a sigh of relief. I stopped my music and ran down to the kitchen, where I found mum sitting at the table, waiting for me. I sat down and together, we began eating. There was nothing but silence between us as we ate. After a few minutes, mum broke the silence and said,

"Y/n, sweetie, is everything ok? You don't seem so well." I decided to be upfront with her, after all, she was the only one to believe me whenever something weird or crazy happened to me.

"Well, earlier I felt this presence in my room and to be honest, it scared me. I felt nothing but a cold chill coming from whoever it was and I can't help but feel that something is wrong. Mum, why do all these strange things keep happening to me? I haven't done anything to deserve this and it's not fair." Mum had stopped eating and she walked over to me and pulled me into a hug as she stroked my hair. I felt warmth, comfort and safety from mum and I hugged her back, clinging to her like my life depended on it.

"Darling, I have no idea why these things happen to you. I'm sure you'll get the answers you're looking for." Mum said as we pulled away from the hug and continued out lunch in silence. Not too long later, there was a knock on the door and I went to answer it. When I opened the door, there was a boy with black curly hair and brown eyes standing there. When he saw me he said,

"Are you Y/n L/n?" All I did was nod my head and he asked if he could come in. After contemplating for some time, I said that he could and we walked into the kitchen where mum was waiting.

"Hello, who are you?" Mum asked the boy and in reply he said,

"My name is Leo Valdez and I've been sent to find Y/n. Before you ask, let me explain what I'm talking about." We all sat at the table and listened to Leo explained everything. When he was done explaining, all I could do was sit there in shock. To think that all my life, I've been a demigod. That's going to take some time to get used to. And not only that, but my life was now in danger now that I know who I really am.

End of flashback

That was a few months back and I can still remember how shocked both mum and I were after Leo had finished explaining. I was going to ask him some questions, but then there was a crash on the side of the house. Leo went to investigate and when he came back, he told mum and I to run. I was going to ask him what the noise was, but all he did was grab my hand and ran out of the house. Even though we were in danger, I couldn't help but blush from the warmth of his hand when he grabbed mine and intertwined our fingers as we were running from danger.