Leo Valdez x Reader (The Fault In Our Stars)

Hey guys. This one shot was requested by @Mad_fangirl_in_a__box

I'll let you know that I haven't seen the movie, but I have read about it, so I'll do my best with this one. I hope I don't disappoint.

Enjoy

Y/n's POV

I was in the Aphrodite cabin hanging out with Piper. She was the only Aphrodite kid that I could hang out with and not of to talk about clothes or shoes or boys. Well, not most of the time talking about boys anyway. The only time we talk about boys is when I need some advice or Piper keeps telling me to tell Leo, the Son of Hephaestus and the one who I really like, about my feelings. When I arrived to camp, he was the one of the first campers I met.

Flashback

I was a student at Yancy Academy, key word was. Am I troubled kid? No, I'm not. Well, I try not to be. You see, I have ADHD and because of it, I just can't sit still no matter what. The only person out of my classmates who know about my ADHD is my best friend, Grover. I had known him since I started Yancy Academy a couple of months ago. I have been to a couple of schools and for one reason or another, I always got into trouble and kicked out of the schools. I was determined to do good here at Yancy Academy. Usually, I don't trust people, but I could tell that I could trust Grover. I don't know why, but it was my instincts and I always trust my instincts. Grover and I became best friends within a couple of days. I told him about my ADHD and he told me that's it's nothing to be ashamed of. But I got the feeling there was more to it. As I was saying about being a troubled kid, it's not I try to cause trouble, things just happen and I get blamed. Anyway, it was just another day at school, I was in class and the teacher told us to find a partner because we were going to do a group project. I looked at Grover and he shook his head yes. Grover and I were always partners for every group project we had. Before we could start our project, I heard a sound coming from outside the window. When I looked at the window, I saw some kind of monster, a fury, looking straight at me. I thought it was going to attack, but it just bowed to me and said "mistress" and flew away. I looked at Grover and saw that he had a fearful look on his face. Before I could ask him what just happened, he grabbed my hand and ran out of school.

"Grover, where are we going?" Before I could ask more, I saw that my mum was parked at the front of the school. I gave her a confused look, but she just told me to get in. So we got in the car and mum drove off.

"I know you have questions y/n, I'll try to explain as much as I can. First, I am taking you to a camp called Camp Half-Blood. It's the only place for demigods, which you are a demigod, half-mortal half-god. Your father is Hades, God of the Underworld. Though I think your more me because you don't act like your father much. Anyway, that fury you saw is one of your fathers faithful servant. I think she was there as a sign to say that I need to take you to the camp. She you get to the camp, Grover will take you to the Big House where Chiron will explain more." After a while, we had finally arrived at our destination. I said goodbye to mum because she couldn't enter the camp. Grover and I made our way to the Big House and when I saw Chiron, I didn't expect to see him as a centaur. He told me to sit down while he would explain. Grover couldn't stay, he had some satyr business to attained to. I found out he was a satyr on the way to camp. After Chiron explained everything, he told me a Son of Hephaestus would show me around the camp. Just like Chiron said, a boy had entered the Big House. He told me his name is Leo Valdez and we began our tour. After the tour, I asked if he wanted to hang out for a bit. We became best friends, but I wish we could be more.

End of flashback

As Piper and I were talking, there was a knock on the door. Piper went to answer and when she came back, she had a grin on her face.

"Leo is here and he wants to talk to you." She said to me then left. I walked to the door and saw Leo standing there looking nervous. Why is he nervous?

"Hey y/n. I was wondering, if you're not doing anything, would you maybe want to come with me and watch a movie?" Leo had said to me. Oh my Hades, Leo just asked me on a date.

"I would love to Leo." I said with a smile on my face.

"Cool. I'll pick you up at 6 o'clock." With that Leo left. Them, Piper decided to make an appearance. She was hiding in the room and was eavesdropping. Before I could tell her off, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the basement of the cabin and that only meant one thing. She was going to help me get ready for my date. After a couple of hours, Piper was finally done helping me. I was wearing a red long dress that stopped at my knees, my hair was down in curls and I had light makeup on. When 6 o'clock came, there was a knock on the door. I answered and there stood Leo.

"Wow. Y/n you look beautiful." I couldn't help but blush.

"Thanks Leo. You don't look to bad yourself." With that, he grabbed my hand and we left to go to the movies. When we got there, Leo said that we were going to watch The Fault In Our Stars. I was really excited because I have been wanting to watch it. We got our tickets, some popcorn and a dink to share and sat in our seats. While the movie was playing, Leo and I went to grab some popcorn at the same time and our hands touched. We didn't pull away, we kept them there. The movie was really good, bit it was also sad. When one of the main characters died, I cried a little and Leo let me cry on his shoulder and he held my hand. At the end of the movie we got up and went to a small restaurant for dinner. After dinner, we made our way back to our cabins.

"I had a really great time Leo. Thanks for taking me to watch The Fault In Our Stars. I really enjoyed it. And dinner was great as well." I said with a smile on me face.

"No problem y/n. I had a great time as well. But I don't think the night is over just yet." I gave him a confused look, but before I could say anything, he wrapped his hands around my waist and kissed me on the lips. I have always wanted to kiss Leo, so I didn't hesitate to kiss him back. After a few seconds, we pulled away.

"I really like you y/n. Would you be my girlfriend?" I just had a smile on my face. I've been smiling a lot tonight, it's amazing my lips haven't started to hurt yet.

"Yes Leo. I'll be your girlfriend and I really like you to." We kissed each other once more then went our separate ways to go to our cabins. I went to bed with the biggest smile ever.

A perfect end to a perfect night