Jason Grace x Reader (Ex-Hunter of Artemis)

Requested by @xXThatShadowGirlXx

Oaths

You should always keep the oaths that you make, especially if you make one with Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, to be a maiden forever. The consequences of breaking the oath with her is life changing. Trust me, I would know.

My name is y/n Charm, the only daughter of Tyche, Goddess of Fortune and Luck. Even though I'm the daughter of the luckiest Goddess, I haven't been really lucky lately. I'm dealing with a massive breakup with a guy that I thought was the one, until I found out he was cheating on me the whole time. I was so heartbroken that I shut everyone out, stopped eating and spending a lot of time in the forest and it was worrying everyone so much. I had gotten really thin and had bags under my eyes. All of my friends had tried to help me through it, but I pushed them away. Until one night my life had changed.

Flashback

I was out in the woods looking for some monsters to kill, like every other night. Usually I would find very weak hellhounds, but this time, I had stumbled into a Gorgon which is a monstrous women depicted as having snakes on the head instead of hair and sometimes a snake body after torso. I had never fought one of them before, so I was a little worried. I got more worried when it had spotted me and made a mad dash towards me. I touched my charm bracelet and it transformed into my spear and got into a fighting stance. It had approached me and I began to try up front attack, but nothing was working. I transformed my spear back into the charm bracelet, then I touched my necklace that had my name on it and it transformed into my bow and arrow. I had an unlimited amount of arrows and they are all different types. Some are ice arrows, fire arrows, lightening arrows and so much more. I began to fire any and every arrow that I could, but I was still having difficulty trying to kill it. After a while, I was beginning to tire out and the Gorgon looked to be winning. I was about to let the monster finish me off when suddenly, it had turned into dust and was dead. I looked in front of me and saw who had killed the Gorgon and I immediately bowed. Standing before me was Artemis and her second in command, Thalia Grace.

"Thank you for the help my Lady."

"You're welcome, my dear. I was on my way to camp Half-Blood when I suddenly heard fighting and it looked like you could use some help. If I may ask, why are you out here looking for monsters?"

"I was out here to vent out my frustrations. You see, I'm going through a massive breakup and the only way I can deal with it is finding monsters and killing them. I'm not good with dealing with a broken heart my Lady." Artemis had begun to think on something, then she said,

"If this boy has hurt you so much, why do you give up on boys and become one of my hunters. You'll become immortal as long as you keep the oath and you will always have the other hunters as your sisters. We look out for each other. The only sacrifice you have to make is becoming a maiden and give up on romance." At the time, I thought it was a good deal, so I said yes. I had said the oath and became a hunter. When we got to camp, Artemis had let Chiron know what has transpired in the woods. After a little while, we had said goodbye and left the camp.

End of flashback

I have been a hunter for a couple months now and to be honest, I love it. I never thought that I would be able to give up romance, but with the help of my 'sisters', I have been able to not think about any type of romance at all. We had set up camp some where in New York, that's also close to camp Half-Blood. Artemis had come out of her tent and said that we are heading to camp Half-Blood the next day.

The next day

When we arrived at camp, we had went straight to Artemis's cabin, but that's when I saw Jason Grace and my heart had immediately began to beat fast and it knew then and there I was in love with him. I did talk to him a few times before I became a hunter and we were best friends. I wanted to talk to him so I asked permission from Artemis. She said yes after some persuading.

"Hey Jason."

"Hey y/n. I see that you're finally back at camp. Would you like to go for a walk and we can catch up?"

"I'd like that." We went off and caught up on so much. After a couple of hours, I had to return back to Artemis. But I got the feeling I was on trouble because of the feelings I had developed on Jason. When I got to Artemis, she was not happy at all.

"Y/n, you have broken the sacred oath of no romance at all and for that you are stripped of your immortality and are no longer a hunter." With that, she had waved her hands around and I begun to feel different. After a while, I tried to speak but all I made was an animal sound. I ran to a lake and looked at my reflection in it and saw that I was no longer human. I was a deer. All because I broke my oath. Before anyone could see, I ran off into the woods. I couldn't walk around the camp looking like a deer and I don't know how to transform back. What am I going to do?

Jason's POV

It was great catching up with y/n. I really miss her and ever since she became a hunter, I never got to tell her how I felt about her. When Artemis and her hunters were leaning, I said goodbye to Thalia. I was going to say goodbye to y/n, but she wasn't there. I asked Thalia where y/n was and all she said was that she is no longer a hunter. That must've meant that she broke her oath because Artemis doesn't just strip a hunter of their immortality and says that they are no longer a hunter. I looked around the camp to try and find y/n, but it was like she had disappeared off the face of the Earth. I ran into the woods and see if I could find her but again, she was no where to be found. I did however notice an unusual looking deer in the woods and for some strange reason, I felt like I should go over to the deer and protect it. I went over to the deer and started to pat it and before I know it, I'm talking to the deer.

"Have you ever wanted to tell someone that you had feelings for them? But then they became a hunter." The deer looked like that this conversation had peaked it's interest. I decided to just let it all out.

"There's this girl, y/n, and I have had feelings for her for so long and just as I was about to tell her, she became a hunter and I lost my chance. I tried to tell her any chance that I got, but I never did and now I never will. I tried looking for he when Thalia told me that she was no longer a hunter, but it's like she disappeared from the Earth. I just wish I got the chance to tell her that I love her." After I said that there was a blinding like that came from the deer and I had to close my eyes because it was so bright. When the light died down, I looked to where the deer was, but instead it was y/n

"Y/n, you're here. What happened?" Y/n started to explain everything and when she got to the part apart how Artemis had turned her into a deer, that's when I realised that she must've heard what I said about how I love her. Before I could say anything, y/n had said,

"Jason, did you mean what you said? About having feelings for me?" I wasn't going to lie, I was going to tell her straight up. Now is the time.

"Yeah y/n, I meant it. I was going to tell you, but then you said that you were going to be a hunter and I knew that I wouldn't have a chance."

"Yeah, at the time I thought it was the best thing. But then, I realised I had developed feelings for you to. I love you Jason." With that, we both leaned in and kissed. I asked y/n to be my girlfriend and she said yes.

I guess breaking the oath and turning into a deer was a good thing. If it didn't happen, I wouldn't be with the one I love. My luck had turned from really bad to really good.