Leo Valdez x Reader (Fire And Ice) Part 1

Requested by @potato-poptart

Leo Valdez

He's fire, a son of Hephaestus

Y/n l/n

I'm ice, a daughter of Khione.

Fire and Ice, two completely different and opposite elements and people, sworn to always be enemies. I was born with a heart as cold as ice, he was born with a heart of warmth that burns as hot as the sun. Two completely different people, yet we both have the same past. We both believe that we killed our families because of the powers we have and it left us broken. The people who loved us was torn away from us because of the gifts we possess. It was all our fault.

Flashback - 8 years old

I was in my room, lying down on my bed. My mother and father were in the lounge room talking about something important and they didn't want me to know, so they sent me to my room and I was absolutely bored. You see, ever since I was born, I've had the ability to control ice and my parents never let me out of the house because of it in case my powers become out of control and I hurt someone, or even worse, kill someone. I have always wanted to see the outside world, but because my parents didn't let me and basically kept me locked up in my room, I've became sort of resentful and cold towards my parents. It's not my fault I've become cold, it's their fault. I mean, ever since I was born, I've always been a cold person, they just make me even colder. Most times I can control my powers, but if I become too upset or angry, my powers spiral out of control and I could end up hurting people. I've been determined to control my powers and by doing that, I myself have to stay in control. I heaved out a sigh and sat up on my bed, becoming lost in my thoughts. 'I have to learn to stay in control, or I'm only going to end up hurting people.' I got up from my bed, took a deep breath and summoned some ice in my hands. It was a small bit of ice, but it didn't spiral out of control. A smile appeared on my face as I controlled the ice. I was going to try and summon more, but there was a knock on the door and my parents walked in. I made the ice disappear and looked at my parents, waiting for them to speak.

"Honey, would you please have a sit. Your father and I have something to say to you." I could see the serious in her face and all I did was sit down on my bed. Mother and father walked over to me and sat down next to me on my bed.

"Sweetheart, you know that your mother and I have always loved you and always will."

"Of cause father, but why are you saying all this?" I said in a monotone voice. I really can't be bothered putting any emotion in my voice when it comes to speaking to my parents.

"There is something we have to tell you. Your mother and I, we're not your real parents, we're your foster parents. But that doesn't mean that we don't love you like any parents would." Everything else was tuned out as I sat there in shock. I could feel myself becoming upset, but I knew that if I become too upset, my powers would become out of control. I started taking deep breaths to calm down, but then a voice in my head said to me,

"Y/n, stop taking deep breaths to calm down. Your so called 'parents' have lied to you for 8 years about being your real parents. You have every right to be angry and that's what you should do. Get angry and tell them how you really feel. You have every right to be angry." The voice disappeared and I suddenly, all I could see was red. I could feel the power within me wanting to break free and my 'mother' and 'father' had noticed. Mother placed her hands on my shoulders and said,

"Y/n, please calm down." I only looked behind her and I saw a woman standing there. She looked to be made out of just dirt and she had a grin on her face. Her mouth began to move and I could hear her voice in my hand, the same voice from before.