Leo Valdez x Sift Stone (The Past Is The Past) Part 1

Requested by and dedicated to @RedHotFlames. Hope you enjoy.

My name is Sift Stone and I live with my step-mother, step-father and my step-brother. I used to live with my mother, whose name is Rose, but she died and my step-father had to take care of me. I always wondered about my father, but mum said that he had to leave so we could be safe. I don't resent my dad for leaving us, I just wish I got to see him just once. When dad left, mum was very heartbroken and I did my best to comfort her, but it was hard. Mum really loved dad and she didn't want him to leave her and I, but she understood that he had to leave. A few years later, mum had found someone and she fell in love. The guys name is Andrew and he loved my mum so much. A few months after, mum and Andrew got engaged and were to be married within the next year. Mum, Andrew and I were a happy family, but after mum died, everything changed. Andrew wasn't the perfect guy I thought he was. He was having an affair and when mum died, he went to the other women, they got married and had a child. Because Andrew was my step-father, he had to take care of me. So now I have a step family. I used to be such a bright and happy girl, but after the incident, I completely changed. I was 5 years old when my life changed drastically.

Sift's past/present (flashback)

"Sweetie, are you ready? We'll be leaving soon." My mum said to me. Mum was taking me to a fancy restaurant for dinner, just her and I. It's been a while since mum and I went somewhere, just the two of us. Usually it would be mum, my step-father Andrew and myself going out, but Andrew insisted that mum and I go out. Andrew said he had some important business to deal with. I ran into my room and looked in my wardrobe for a fancy dress to wear since we are going to a fancy restaurant. I looked around until I found the perfect dress. It was a short midnight blue dress with a tutu on the bottom. I put it on then grabbed my black sandals and put them on my feet. I walked out of my room and went over to mum.

"Mum, can you please do my hair?"

"Of cause darling." We walked into the bathroom where I sat down on a chair and mum grabbed my brush. As she was brushing my hair, she began to sing.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine...

What once was mine

I sung the song along with mum and when the song was done, so was my hair. Mum braided my long jet black hair and placed it on the left side of my head, were it was left hanging. I thanked mum and gave her a hug.

"You're welcome sweetheart. Now let's go and get some dinner." We walked out of the bathroom, said goodbye to Andrew and left the house. On the way to the restaurant, the car was filled with music and mum and I talking. We made it to the restaurant and told the person at the front about our reservation. We ordered our food and had a wonderful dinner. It was great fun having dinner with just mum. We finished our dinner and mum payed the bill. We left the restaurant and made our way back home. I got a bad feeling on the way home and I couldn't help but worry. Everything was fine until we got to some lights. The lights were red so we stopped, but some car was speeding towards us and when mum realised, it was too late. The car hit mums side head on and it sent us tumbling across the road. After a few minutes, the tumbling had stopped. I looked around in a daze, things were very fuzzy and blurry. I felt something sliding down the side of my face. I placed my hand on my head and when I pulled back, my hand was covered in a red substance. Blood, my blood. I started to look around frantically and saw mum in her seat, but she wasn't moving. I undid my seatbelt, crawled over to mum, undid her seatbelt and dragged her out of the car. It took a few minutes, but I finally got mum and myself out of the car.