Nico Di Angelo x Reader (One Year Anniversary)

Requested by @Dauntless_Nerd

Daughter of Apollo, a girl who shines in the light, and a son of Hades, a boy who lives in the shadows. Two completely different people with different personalities that you would think would clash against one another. You wouldn't think that two such different people would end up together, but they did and you know what they say, opposites attract.

I can still remember the day when Nico Di Angelo asked me out on a date like it was yesterday. It's one of the best memories I have.

Flashback

I was sitting in the Apollo cabin strumming a few chords on my guitar, a present that my father, Apollo, had given me for my birthday, as I was trying to think up of some lyrics for a new song. You see, I've been at camp for a few months now, ever since my mother had told me that I needed to leave home and find a camp called Camp Half-Blood as my life was in danger if I was ever found. At first, I didn't understand but I did what my mother wanted and started my journey. Of course, I got lost along the way and I was just about ready to give up. But then, I heard a voice in my head and they were telling me the way to go, guiding me to camp. It took a while but I finally made it to my destination and once I saw the place, I was awestruck. What looked like a simple camp from a distance, turned out to be something else entirely. I saw people fighting with swords, creatures that should only be a myth, yet are right in front of me and people who aren't fully human. Upon arriving to camp safely, I found out that the voice who guided me to camp, had belonged to my father, who had claimed me straight away. I met my siblings and became close to them, especially Will Solace, who is my older brother, and taught me everything that I now know. I also met some amazing people at camp. Someone I had met was Nico Di Angelo, a son of Hades. I had heard about him from others about how he spends his time by himself and that I would do well to stay away from him, but I didn't, I couldn't. I saw loneliness in his obsidian eyes and I suddenly found myself approaching him. Something about his mysterious personality drew me to him and suddenly, we were talking and getting to know each other. Of cause, Nico didn't trust me or felt comfortable around me until a few months later and suddenly, we were inseparable best friends and have been ever since.

"Y/n, hey Y/n, you there." I heard a voice say as I was brought back to reality. I shook my head from my thoughts and looked to the door where Nico was leaning against the door frame. I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up as I blushed from embarrassment of being caught zoning out. After the heat from my cheeks disappeared, I looked at Nico and said,

"Hey Nico, sorry about that. Anyway, what are you doing here? Um, not that I don't want you here or anything." I laughed nervously as my cheeks once again burned in embarrassment. I could see a smirk on Nico's face and all I did was send him a small glare.

"Anyway, the reason as to why I'm here is because...." Nico's voice had suddenly become quite and I looked at him with interest. I noticed that he suddenly became nervous and I was beginning to worry about him. I placed my guitar on my bed as I got up and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Nico, is everything ok? You know you can tell me anything, I'll always be here for you." I said in a calming and soothing voice to help Nico relax. 'Whatever he wants to ask must be nerve racking. I've never seen Nico act like this.' I thought as I saw Nico relax.

"Y/n," He said while looking into my eyes and I couldn't help but be captivated by his eyes. He grabbed my hands softly and intertwined our fingers together as he took a deep breath and said,

"Will you go out on a date with me?" It felt like the whole world had stopped around me as I heard those words. My breath hitched in my throat, my heart started beating faster and my eyes widened in shock. 'Did I hear correctly? Nico is asking me out on a date?' Before I could say anything, Nico spoke up and said,