Bathroom Confessions

I lean against the sink with my eyes closed

I lean against the sink with my eyes closed. My head was pounding. My world was spinning. "Are you ok" I jump out of my skin. I stare at the blonde before me holding the sink. "Fine" I take a deep breath "you don't look it" "who even are you" I scoff "hailey" I nod knowing exactly who she was "dads partner" she smiles I squeeze the sink. "Are you ok" "you don't know what your getting involved in" "explain it to me" "school has a deep underbelly Travis' brother goes there the bathrooms are the exchange" "what exchange" "drugs alcohol answers you name it it's funnelled through the school" she nods "do you know who's in charge" "Penelope's brother her older brother is a dealer" I shrug "how do you know" "we go to school and I'm charming" I shrug "do you know where there coming from" "a house I'm west grove....what Penny and I are friends besides the drugs aren't even that bad that's controlled" she gasps in shock "how can you say that" "well we have a history teacher sleeping with kids a handsy English teacher. A principal that covers up rapes done by a certain particular football player. A deputy that yells at girls blaming them and an old ass art teacher who will call you slut while reaching under our skirts so yeah the drugs are the least of our worry's half the kids on that board turned their way to drugs to take the pain away they treat us like cattle" she was stumped "I have to get back" I mumble walking past her going back to the office and laying on the couch. The door was open so I could hear everything. I heard her come into the bullpen. I close my eyes focusing on what they were saying. "It's not about drugs" I heard her say after a while "what are you talking about" I heard Hank ask "hear me out drugs are there yes no ones denying that but there's a bigger issue teachers principals students all raping or touch the girls at the school treating the girls like animals. The drugs are the escape so dealers moved in cause the market raised up. Kids are offered oxy coke weed after the ordeal as an apology" "how did you find this I have been trying to get kids to speak all week" I hear Adam ask "yeah they don't like cops" Kim added "we have one of them on our side" she answered "what" "you forget to mention your daughter goes there Jay she said the bathroom is where the exchange happens" there was silence "she's not part of this" "she's the one who told me and judging by how she was I'm going to imagine something happened to her" "no" "a kid took a gun to that school said the students weren't the target maybe they weren't lying" she snapped back that's when I hear the door close opening my eyes I see Hank there "I told her the truth" I mumble "why not me or your dad" "I didn't want you guys to look at me different guess it doesn't matter now" I shrug sitting up "how many" "probably half the staff and the star players" I answer "which one did it to you" "my English and art teacher touch me that's all nothing compared to my friends" I shrug making him sit next to me "hey these men aren't allowed to do this not in my city not to my family" I nod leaning into him "dads always working" I whisper into his shoulder. He just holds me tight comforting me.