Fear

Third person POV

Jay sat beside Bailey bed. The machines were the only tune he had heard in weeks. He hadn't left no one even tried. Will had tried to change something relating to Bailey and Jay punched him in the face. Belle was laying against him. Jay was the only real father she knew. Sure she had her father who she loves so dearly but he wasn't dad material. Jay was the one who gave her boundaries taught her about consequences loved her despite everything. She wished all the time that he was her father and not just her best friends. Truth was she asked her dad to drop her off at his house more than once. There were all kinds of bad people in and out of her fathers house that she didn't want to be around. It was a comfort to both of them to have each other. Jay stroked her hair as she slept against him, Hailey walking in handing Jay a coffee. "So what's the deal with her" "Leys best friend know her since she was three at the soccer thing" Hailey nods "I recently found out that whenever she came over perfectly alined with a gang war or something" Hailey nods sitting down "what about Bailey" Hailey felt funny calling her a nickname. Yeah everyone called her Bai and the girl probably wouldn't care but Adam would, Belle would. Jay and Hank probably wouldn't show it as much as those two. Adam had been struggling anyone could see it. He now understood the pain and suffering that Bailey went through when he went away. He was going insane not knowing if she would wake up. He couldn't go to the hospital, he went once and the sight of her hooked up to the machine broke him he couldn't go back. He didn't understand how Jay sat in that room. He spent most of his time working or trying to he wasn't exactly focused and everyone knew it but then again none of them really were. If he wasn't working he was at the bar. It was worrying to everyone. Hank visited every afternoon he wished for Jay to go home eat shower but he knew he wouldn't leave, if he wasn't so driven to find Justin's killer he wouldn't have left. So he sat opposite Jay neither spoke much but they didn't need to. "The same no changes Will keeps telling me no change is good but I'm going insane I need her back" he sighs "his right she's not declining it may not be prefect but she's here and that has to count for something" he weakly smiles he hadn't been able to fully smile since Belle walked into intelligence that day. "She's a Halstead she's going to be fine" Hailey tried to reassure him but truth was if you don't believe what your saying it makes it all the more harder for people to believe it. "I may not like her but she does have a point" Belle said sitting up running her hand through her hair "the amount of times you Halstead's have been here I'm surprised you don't have your own wing" Jay smirks pulling her to him kissing her head "you all do always bounce back though" She said her mind flashing to all the times Bailey had called her cause something went wrong and her father was injured and she didn't know what was going to happen. Or these past months when he had called about Bailey being here. It was slowly breaking everyone. Jay, Hank, Belle and Adam would be first but this teenager had touched in one way or another. She made them smile laugh and forget about the horrors they face on a daily basis. The whole of Chicago would feel it if she didn't wake up that is. They were all living in a limbo state some coping better than others. But they were all holding out hope that she would wake, even if it's been four weeks. Hope was what was holding them together.