Lies

I walk up the steps coming from the locker room

I walk up the steps coming from the locker room. I felt so isolated like everyone was miles and miles away. Ever since my hand I had basically lost myself. I only really had Belle and my family. But Belle has soccer and school so we don't get to see each other as much especially considering I don't like to go over to peoples houses much.

I walk down the hall when something captures my attention. I couldn't even tell you what but I stick my head in the viewing room. My eyes widen seeing someone I knew very well in the interrogation room. I don't think about it as I race out of the room and into the interrogation room. "What are you doing here" he scoffs "I'm sure you already know" "what are you talking about" "don't think I didn't notice your dad there when I was arrested know his out there right now building a case against me" "I don't know what they are talking about or what care they are working I haven't been out there yet just coming up from the locker room I have been at the hospital all morning had to get this changed then I was just waiting for Sylvie and Emily to pick me up" I shrug knowing full well he doesn't know Sylvie or Emily. "How is your hand...it better be getting better or I don't think we are going to win any games" "are you saying the best" I jokingly holding my heart "it's getting better Connor the main doctor tells me four weeks I should be back to playing... my uncle Will constantly tells his more than willing to scrape the blisters off they hurt like hell worst part he claims that it's justice for how annoying I was when I was younger...pretty sure a young child would be annoying to anyone in med school though" I finish with a shrug "a dad that's a cop" "detective" I correct causing him roll his eyes "your dads a detective and you uncle a doctor boy you come from a smart and good natured family" I laugh "your mother and everyone else that smart and good to" I roll my eyes "well my mother abandon my when I was three so she can't be that smart she's an FBI agent. My family are the cops firefighters and doctors basically all the first responder in Chicago kinda don't have any other blood family but that doesn't matter" I shrug smiling "Allison claims I raped her" he said after a moment, I was confused dads until doesn't usual deal with rape cases "dads unit doesn't usual deal with rape cases unless they are brought in no offence Pete but you aren't that level of importance" he cracks a smile "there was blood on my shoes matching to the blood of a murder vic" I hum "did Allison say you raped her because you kicked her off the team" "I don't know I'm not allowed near her probably not allowed near you" I sigh "I won't tell and we are in a police station" I shrug "you should go before you get both of us in trouble" I nod getting up "I know you didn't do it just fight for them to believe you to" he nods and I go to leave.

I walk out of the room jumping when I see Kevin right in front of me. He leads me back to the bullpen "Jay found your daughter talking to our suspect" "we're any of you going to tell me he was in there" "how do you know him" Vanessa asks "his my soccer coach has been since I was nine" I shrug "he told you what we looking at him for" Hank asks leaning against his door frame I nod "what do you think" I was confused. Sure I had a lot of opinions but Im never usually allowed to share them. "He didn't do it" I said slowly "why do you believe that" he asks making me look around everyone was watching me. "Ley you know this guy you would know what his like you you also know Allison" I scoff to my fathers words "the vic Allison stopped talking to us" Hailey adds  "Peter is a kind compassionate man who all he wants is for us to succeed...Allison is Allison is a lying bitch who got kicked off the team a)because she wasn't good enough and b) she was stealing...he wouldn't have touched her he only touches us when we have injuries and that's to hold a knee in place and there are always people around" "ok breath" Dad said "how can I breath when a good person is getting his life torn apart because of someone's lie" truth was I was more worried. This was a good man who was clearly getting railroaded and Allison probably won't get anything but a slap on the wrist. He was the only person to ask how I was that wasn't my family or Belle, or Ares I don't know if I class him as family.

I stand outside the district it was hot. I was dying, I desperately wanted to rip the bandage off because all I could focus on was the sweat beneath it. "You called I can I'm cool like that" "we Belle we came" James corrects Belle was doing a cute little dance as she walked over to me. I laugh wrapping my arms around her as James and Ares make it to us. "The four musketeers back at it again" "pretty sure it's three musketeers" Ares corrects making us look at him "oh there was three before me well thanks for including me" he corrects again after seeing us look at him in disbelief. I just shake my head smiling. "Coach is upstairs" "Pete" Belle asks "Watts" Ares asks confusing everyone "coach Peter Shaw" James corrects we were all looking at Ares like he just lost his mind. "Oh right" he said nodding "what's he up there for" "Allison said he raped her they also found blood connecting to some murder case I don't know all the details" "he didn't rape her" Belle exclaimed "what did he do it with an audience" James asks "think that's why we are here we know he didn't" Ares answers "so how do we prove it" James asks "I'll ask dad you got a name for the murder case" "don't know yet will message you" she nods "that still doesn't answer our part" Ares said pointing between him and James "and your meant to be the smart one" Belle mocks "she's right your smarter than princess Bailey here. Your the smart, Belle is the gangster princess, I'm the dropout seriously it's a miracle I even pass" James informed him "what's Bailey" "she's the hot smart sherif" "I prefer detective maybe Sargent" I answer Belle causing her to roll her eye "she knows the law better than anything can also hack into anything she's our wizard" she finishes making me smile "so she's a detective wizard, I'm the smart, your the gangster princess and his the dropout" Ares summaries "pretty much Bai here alters his grades just enough so he won't be expelled and we have study group where we basically do the same work but change it enough so no one will notice and even if they do miss I know the law here knows how much to change so it can't legally be classed as plagiarism" Belle informs Ares, he had been welcomed into the group but he didn't know how we worked. The in and outs. "Ok so what's the plan" He asks clearly shocking us with how on board he was. "Come with me Belles family doesn't like new people. Bai is kinda a Lone Ranger" James told him "yep keep him from getting arrested while you guys work the Allison angle" Belle said "maybe I won't have to bust him out" I joke "plus Allison is clearly into you Ares" Belle adds making him sigh rubbing his face.

I was in my usual beside Adam. I pull my phone out typing the name Dane Watkins in the message and sending it to Belle. "Are you and your team of misfits running your own investigation" Adam whispers in my ear making me jump. "Hey hey calm down you have resources we don't I won't tell just tread lightly we know how badly it blew up last time you were running your own" I slowly nod "it's all based on a lie Addy Allison did all this" he nods I'm glad no one is paying attention. "What you got" he leans closer I glance at him. I look around making sure no one is paying attention, they weren't they were pretty adamant Peter Shaw was guilty. I flip my notebook. I had written down everything I knew. I don't know why I felt the need to tell him. I take a moment contemplating whether I should. I sigh passing him my phone showing him the group chat with all the information we have found. "Wow" he said strolling "I have more on my computer" I shrug "your going to knock this out of the park before showing aren't you" "going to make sure everything is how it should be" I shrug "you are going to give this right" "yep" I reassure him smiling.