Struggle

He grabs my throat pushing me against the ground

He grabs my throat pushing me against the ground. My whole body was on fire. His eyes were so soulless. Blood was already coating the room. I gasp awake sweat coating my body. I sit up looking around. My body trembling. I slowly get up my legs shaking under the weight of my body. I hold onto my bed feeling pain rip through my body. I stumble out of my room. I hold onto the wall so I don't fall. I somehow stumble into my my dads room. I pause for a moment wondering what to do. I sigh lifting up the covers all I really needed was to be in his arms. I don't want to wake him though. I carefully hop into the bed in the empty space beside him withholding a groan. "Whats up" from jump causing me to cry out in pain. His voice sounded so tired.I turn my head to see dad staring at me very concerned. I groan again laying down. "I I just" he sigh wrapping his arms around me pulling me close. I snuggle into him without hesitate listening to his calming heartbeat. "Want to talk about it" he rubs his eyes trying to wake himself up. "No just" "nightmares it's ok" he finishes rubbing my back softly kissing my head. "I feel him hit me stab me...his hands around my neck" I drift off  listening to his heartbeat trying to steady my panicked heartbeat. "Your going to be fine his dead now anyway so he can't hurt you no more" i sigh "that doesn't stop my mind" "I know...remember when you were younger and the ptsd was bad" I nod against him "you would tell me that everything would be ok and this is me telling you everything is going to be ok" his heartbeat was so calm it made  me start to drift off to sleep.

It was the morning. I sit at the island dad on the other side sipping a coffee. We were both exhausted. "You feeling alright" I stare at him in disbelief "I'm exhausted" he nods chuckling quietly. "Same" I knew he wanted me to talk about my nightmares. I just wasn't ready so it makes it awkward.

I sat beside my dad. I was super thankful I didn't need the crutches. My body just ached constantly but I could handle that. I was exhausted. "Go sleep on my couch Bails" Hank said startling me away "no no I'm fine" "your falling asleep here just go lay down" "I won't leave Ley just go rest" and sigh getting up going into the office. I lay awake for what feels like forever. I couldn't close my eyes to see his soulless ones.

I jump up startled falling onto the floor making pain ripple through my body. I groan withering on the floor. "Hey hey" someone tried to help me causing me to jump back causing even more pain to shoot through my body. I sigh seeing Kevin who seemed hesitant, I grab his hand allowing him to help me up. "You alright" "yeah yeah" I held onto his arm "I can go get your dad there downstairs" I shake my head feeling pain shoot down my spin instantly "no no I I have been pretty clingy so has he just leave him" he nods "well come on you can sit with me" I knew they were all treating me so delicately. I didn't mind though kinda loved it actually. I spin on the chair "top left corner" he looks at me confused I lean over pressing control shift F7 "right click" he does what I say looking very confused. I then proceeded to push 7. "This is why Ruzek hogs you" he said bewildered as he watched the camera focus in on the top corner. It automatically started to clean the image and run facial recognition. "That and we bitch about life" I shrug "ohh girl lay it on me" he said dramatically making me laugh. "Well let's see I'm barely sleeping but I'm good Um" I shrug trying to think about "what do you talk to Adam about" "everything we just click it's easy we don't even have to talk we can just look at each other" he nods "I have been around here most of the time so you know basically everything. Ahh I'm barely going to school but I'm not worried" I shrug smiling "well hey you just did my job in seconds so you got that" "always wanted to be a cop so maybe I'll take it from you" he laughs printing something out and getting up. He pauses "how good are you at finding a car" "I could find it within seconds if it's driving might take a few minutes if it's parked somewhere" "so if I give you a licence plate" I move over to Adams computer where I'm comfortable and begin typing. I had also installed some of my software. I didn't know where my laptop is, dad probably hid it somewhere. "Ok what is it" I type it in the box staring at the sheet of paper he wrote it on "sorry for the messy writing" I stare at him in utter shock "have you seen my dads writing or Addys theirs is barely illegible" he laughs "your writing is perfect" I complement as he stares at the computer confused "is this legal" I shrug "no idea probably not...before you ask every camera with a street view is scanning number plates" I look over to see him looking at me confused "sorry I'm use to Addy being my partner in crime with this and occasionally dad both of whom have no idea what's happening the screen could be flashing and they would just go with it" "I probably would to" the computer beeps making me sitting up more facing "ok it has a possible turning left onto S Drake Ave in little village" he leans over looking at the screen right as the black Volvo come onto the screen I type away jumping camera to camera following it down the street. Kevin relaying it into the two way. "Your good Bai" he said after hearing they had eyes on the car. I smile gleefully "thank you...no really it means a lot coming from someone other that Addy, Hank, uncle Will, Con and dad" he smile nodding "well I'll be sure to tell you more often" I nod "what's going on with Hailey" he asks carefully making me sigh. I begin to tell him how I feel, how I want my dad to be happy everything. It was nice I liked it.