Dont be Mad

My eyes hadn't left Hanks office since he demanded Adams presence

My eyes hadn't left Hanks office since he demanded Adams presence. I saw my dad walk past opening the door into Hanks office, to update him on whatever case. I watch Hank wave him in and he closes the door causing me to tense. My dad stood in just the right place that I could see him tense no doubt when Hank told him. I jump up "no no Bailey stop" Hailey tries "don't touch me" "Bai what's wrong" Kevin said coming over to try and calm the situation "his in there because of me Kev" when Kevin sighs is when I push past into the office. "Don't be mad at him" "Frank it's ok" "Ley leave" "no it's my fault I peaked forced you the first couple of time then you figured out I actually know things and asked you included me you shouldn't be getting punished for that I wanted so bad to be included to be apart of something because maybe they would make me feel normal" I say "Frank I could have stop I didn't have to keep asking you it's ok" I shake my head my mind going back to when he was taken away. How I use to break into his apartment and just lay in his bed for dads. I race over and hug him. "I don't want you to disappear" I whisper "I'm not going anywhere Frank I promise us till the end me and you" he bend so his at my eye level as his saying it. He hold his first out causing me to sigh and tap it with my own. "Ley go outside please" I look at my dad shaking my head "I know you want me to but I can't you can take soccer away I don't care because I can't let you punish Addy when it's my fault as well" "Frank you love soccer it's your world don't give it up for me" "Addy your my best friend my brother I can't" I shake my head my dad rubs his face. "Fine sit down and tell us everything and don't leave anything out" my dad said clearly mad he can't help but glare at Adam when his not talking to me. "Ok Um it started ages ago" they nod "we were in the car I don't really remember but I said something it was when you were investigating so murder of a hustler I told him some stuff I know. Then I told him I thought it was a Latin priest called the executioner that's when he realised I may know things. I peaked or I looked at the board sliding him notes sending him messages. I don't know when it was but I know I was at school and he sent me a message to ask about the Latin priest I told him" he said "it became a system he would ask me if I knew any and I told him" I say "no one was meant to find out because I knew dad wouldn't like it. You both don't like when I'm involved in a case especially since what happened with my English teacher" I point between Dad and Hank. "No more" dad kneeled in front of me "I don't want you helping anymore" "but I like helping and I know things" "she's right she does know things" Adam said "I'll shut up" he adds seeing the glare from the two men. "Yeah shut up she's my daughter you guys maybe friends but I don't want you apart of this" "I already am dad everyone knows your my dad and Belle is my friend" he rubs his face "I'll make you a deal Bails you can help but only if me or your dad ask no going behind our back with this clown" I nod smiling to Hanks idea looking at my dad hopefully "but if he calls and I know what am I meant to lie" "no I wouldn't want you to lie I would just hope that Ruzek is smart enough to run it by us first" Hank glares at Adam. I don't think they care I think it's just that we went behind their back and did it. "I know you know things and I know you want to help but I don't want you to get hurt for helping" "that's why we kept it a secret no one knew just the two of us now it's the people in this room maybe the guys out there if they were paying attention" they sigh "dad" he snaps his attention to me "they know I shot the guy Belle said there coming for me" he rubs his face "I already told her she stays here" Hank told him making him nod "you can have secrets Ley just not the ones that could hurt you" "Addy wouldn't hurt me" "he wouldn't but if anyone found out they would kill you and that idea terrifies me" I move forward hugging him "I'll be ok I promise I always am" "until this is over I want someone with you at all times" I nod "promise" "don't know if Ruzek she take that role considering all the trouble you get in together but I know he would protect you so I guess it's ok for now" dad said causing me to smile in glee "if you ever do something like this again Ruzek I will bury you" Dad pointed at him furiously "so I can still help" "your stuck here until this blows over so I suppose you can" Dad rolls his eyes smirking "but I don't want her name attached to anything" dad pointed out to Hank and Adam who nod "I'll tell them not to add her name" Hank said walking out dad suddenly punched Adam making me jump "I deserve that" "yeah you did never do something like this with MY daughter and keep me in the dark" dad said really emphasising my, Adam nods. I couldn't tell you if he did it because he agreed or he just didn't want to be punched again. I follow my dad out Adam behind me. My dad immediately goes into the break room pulling peas out of the freezer "Adam" he said making him turn around he chucks the peas at him and nods. A silent apology a truce. Adam sits at his desk with the peas on his jaw, my dad at his own desk. No one really knew what to do. Except me of course because I knew they were all good. No hard feeling nothing, they just wanted to move on and they did.