Joke

I sat beside Adam at his desk

I sat beside Adam at his desk. My dad was set to be back later today if all went to plan. "Can I ask you something" he doesn't look up from his computer. I was writing random stuff down "you would even if I said no" I say not looking up "how did you meet Voight" I smile "my dad I don't know all the detail but my dad had taken me to the mall the one with the playground in it" he nods his focus still on the screen "i ran over when they were talking my dad picked me up holding him on my hip. Looking back I think Hank was trying to threaten or get something from of my dad. But he saw me bright sparking eyed big smiling three year old" "who told you your eyes were sparkling" I laugh "anyways I smiled at him snuggling into dad asking who he was. Before dad could answer Hank did he said my names Hank what's yours. He was smiling I lifted my head off my dads shoulder and told him that my daddy told me I couldn't tell strangers my name they both laughed that's when my dad told him my name and from there his just been Hank" I smile he nods.

I was bored out of my mind. I had been spinning on my dads chair for fifteen minutes. "Do you think a screw will come loose" I said stopping looking down at the chair before looking at Adam who smirks before nodding. I jump up running downstairs, I grab a screw driver and a drill. "How long do we have" "um" Adam stands there looking around "work fast" I throw the drill. I pick up the phone pressing the number for downstairs "what do you want" "is that anyway to greet to your favourite person" "Bailey what can I do for you" "do you by chance know when they will be back" Adam looks at me mad "why" "Adam and I were going to order lunch you know how annoying dad gets if he doesn't get food also Hank smiles if I get him food do you want me to go on with how everyone react to food I get them or do you get the idea" "I get the idea but I don't know do you want me to find out" "no I don't want you to ask then they will place an order and that's a whole different issue" I roll my eyes "why do I hear a drill" I glare at Adam pointing to the drill before pretending to slice my throat. "What drill there no drill" "what are you and Ruzek up to" "nothing now would you like for me to order you something or are you going to keep talking about a non existent drill" "what you getting" "we don't know yet how bout I just order you something like a surprise" I hung up "why would you drill why I was on the phone now we have to actually order food" "why did you ring platt" "I thought it was a good idea" "clearly not" he throws his arms up dramatically "just order food all this hard work is making me hungry" "you wouldn't know hard work if it hit you in the face" i scoff "what are you looking for" "what" he shouts over the drill "coving our tracks" "oh blue sports car I wrote it down" I nod ordering some Chinese a lot incase they came back. You know if they catch us in the act it could be a peace offering if not it's an apology. I pull up the hacking back as I call it, typing in the the information to search for the car. I race back over "I need you little hands" Adam said making me just look at him. I scoff snatching the screwdriver off the desk and kneeling down unscrewing the join. Just the back ones we aren't terrible people. Hearing the gate open and talking we both froze looking at each other. He shoves the drill into my arms "Press control Shift T" I quietly as he grabs the chair carefully putting it back. I run down the hall putting the drill and screwdriver away. I race back out if the room into the bathroom just as the garage door opens. I flush the toilet before pretending to wash my hands. I walk out running hand through my hair taking a deep breath. I had to play this close to the chest.

I walk into the bullpen "dad" i say I smiling rushing over and hugging him. I hold him tight "thank god your back I was going mental with these guys" he laughs holding me tighter. These were always the best hugs. Hey maybe the guy that said distance makes the heart grow fonder was right. "Is my lunch here" I ask Adam he nods telling me he did it "no not yet" I smile. My dad kisses my head pulling back walking over to his desk I walk over to Adams turning around just in time to see my dad sit down, he flips backwards the back of the chair giving out. Everyone looks at him in shock. Adam and I instantly burst out laughing, turning and giving a each other a high five. "What did you two do" Hank asks "what did she talk you into" Dad asked "hey why did I talk him into" "yeah Jay his just as bad" Kevin said making Adam gasp "I'm the child remember" "I wasn't the one who came up with the idea" "no you just encouraged it which is just as bad" I smirk at him "you two done" Hank said making us turn to him "put the screws back in" "how did you know it was the screws" I ask "Platt said she heard a drill" he shrugged making me turn and hit Adam "ow what was that for" "I was taking a lunch order and you wanted to operate a power tool" he rolls his eyes "fix the chair" Hank shouts from his office making Adam and I look at each other "I'm not getting them" "I get them I use the drill" I take off running causing him to gasp "you have little hands I can't"

I walk back into the room with the drill and screwdriver "you danced to the sound of the drill for five minutes" i scoff he throws his hands up causing me to sigh handing it to him "that defeats the whole purpose of what you just said" Hailey said "I don't want to do all the work" i scoff "he has fat hands that don't fit the tiny screw" they laughs causing me to smile in delight. Adam held the chair together as I screw the tiny ones in. "So how did this happen" Hailey asks "I was spinning and wondering if the screws would fall off" "then we used our psychic powers" "your not psychic" Kevin shouts we laugh.