My Daughter

I was laying on the couch watching some documentary Adam told me to watch

I was laying on the couch watching some documentary Adam told me to watch. We hadn't had a chance to watch it together with the grand finals of soccer coming up so he told me to watch it and we got will discuss it later. "You know your the best thing that ever happened to me" I turn my attention to my dad looking at him very confused "I don't know if I ever told you that" I sit up "you didn't but uncle Will did" I smile goofily at him "he always tells me that his favourite thing about you is me, that I'm the best thing that ever happened to you" he laughs nodding "sounds like you uncle" I nod he walks over sitting beside me "Kev told me what you told him" I sigh this is why I preferred to talk to Adam. We talk, we vent, we say anything but no one beside us ever know. "Don't be mad at him his just worried" I nod knowing that I really can't blame the guy for looking out for me. I then giving my dad my full attention "you know I won't leave you right" I look at him like he had grown six heads "you seem to forget you have you did...before she started sleeping over" he sighs "you didn't know where I was or who I was with for weeks dad because of her" "I always made sure you were ok I just" he rubs his face. We have always been terrible at sharing our feelings. We are more the burry them until it explodes time, aside from Adam and recently kev I don't talk to anyone about my feelings. Will always told me I get it from my dad and he hated it. "I made some mistakes but you are the most important thing to me. Best thing in my life." I smile putting my hand on his shoulder "dad all I ever want is for you to be happy" he smiles "I'm happy with you I'm happy knowing your happy I almost went insane when I didn't know where you were I knew you were safe" " your also happy with hailey dad" he weakly smile "but you don't like her" I sigh laughing quietly "it's not that I don't like her" dad just gives me a look making me sigh "ok I don't like her" "you did before what happened" he leans back getting comfortable on the couch. I hesitate wondering if I should tell him. "She took you" i say carefully and slowly "you just disappeared on me because of her...then she thought because she was sleeping with you that I would be ok, That she had all this power to be pushy" "she just wants to know you" he shrugged "she's demanding and pushy" I correct I sigh "look if you tell her to calm down I promise to play nice" he smirks at me "just play" I nod "I'm not going to go out of my way it took forever for me to even like Addy or talk to kev" "ok but I need you to promise not to run off anymore" I nod sighing "I can't promise that dad you and I both know it's a coping mechanism but I can promise that I will always go to someone we know. A first responder of some sort" he sighs nodding pulling me close and kissing my head. "I love you more than anything Ley" he looked me right in the eye as he said that "I love you to dad" I hold him tight.

I walk up the steps to intelligence "Frank" Adam exclaims making me smile instantly I really missed him. "Addy" I give him a fist pump before walking through to hanks office. "Bailey" I look up at Hank just as my dad came in. "What's going on" I look between the two sitting up on the couch "what's wrong" I was getting nervous they share a look making it worse "Ley" my dad sits next to me "the case were working" he rubs his neck "I have to go undercover" I silently nod this wasn't the first time his gone undercover. It was the first time since I was raped and we were just getting good again. "Ok" I say carefully "it may be a few weeks" he continued "so I will stay with Addy" I shrug "no I don't want to come back to hear all the trouble you got into" my dad smiled I chuckle a little "your going to stay with me kid" Hank said making me look over at him and nod. It wasn't the first time I had stayed with him. When mouse wasn't around and dad had to go undercover I would stay with Hank. I had been over so often that it's basically my second home. I hug my dad "be careful" "always I have to come back to you don't I" "I don't know I think we'll be ok without you" I joke my dad gasps dramatically he wraps his arms around me holding me tight and close to his chest "I love you Ley always never forget that" I nod "I love you dad your the most important person in my life" he kissing my head. I listen to his calming heartbeat.