Better than Ruzek aim higher

I hadn't been to school since the incident

I hadn't been to school since the incident. Nor had I left my dads side. I think as much as he loved it was starting to annoy him. Hank always made sure I wasn't alone, even if that meant he took me to Trudy. Who gave me lessons in bossing around patrol. "You liking it up there" Trudy asks pointing up the steps towards intelligence "yeah" I nod using my arms to rest on the desk "how you getting on with the team" "yeah Adam is always trying to make me laugh, think Hailey has a thing for my dad she has been strange, Kevin and Kim are cool" I shrug smiling. The phone ring which Trudy grabs "oh Um" I glance at Trudy as a patrol man comes over "drive through a dodgy neighbourhood or something hang out on the south side" the nod walking away let's just say Trudy screamed at them to listen to me. "There back you can go up if you want" Trudy tells me when she hangs up the phone. I nod racing up the steps into intelligence. Kevin and Adam give me a high five before going down the hall to interrogate someone. I walk over to my dad wrapping my arms around him, he immediately kisses my head. I wasn't even up there long before they were all rushing off. But thankfully Kim stayed so I didn't have to move.

I was spinning on a chair when they came back. "Thank your daughter Jay she's the one that sent them there" Trudy said making everyone look at me and me look very confused. "What" "the patrolmen you sent off while I was on the phone they caught the shots fired" Trudy said making me think "I literally just told them to drive through a dodgy neighbourhood or hangout on the south side I wasn't even paying attention I was reading" "I taught you well grasshopper" I gasp "does this mean I better than him" I ask her pointing to my dad who looked offended "better than Ruzek for sure your dad sometimes" Hank said "I already knew I was better than Adam Hank I like to aim higher" they all laugh as Adam gives me an offended look "I thought we were partners" I gasp "me replace Kevin never" "yeah man she's my home girl" I smile innocently. "Let's get back to work" Hank demands making everyone start to move around going back to working. They told me that both girls turned up and brought a lot of people, he was going away and never getting out. I was down in the garage being crazy with Adam which I later learned was tasked to distract me. Dad was there to unable to work on the case because of the conflict, his daughter being one of the victims and all. They distracted me.

I was laying on the couch in Hanks office. He had left and people kept coming into the break room annoying me. I was staring into space listening to music. Hank enters causing me to jump. I get up instantly "you can stay kiddo" I slowly sit back down "I'm sorry they were annoy they kept just barging in making so much noise and wanting to talk" "it's ok relax you can lay down" he shrugs not many got to see hanks nice side I wasn't ashamed to say I was one of those few people. "You doing ok" "apart from the nightmares or falling asleep with dad I'm good I'm ok" "you been around anyone outside the unit or med" he knew I occasionally spent time in their break room. I knew he was worried they all were. "No but" "your not ready and that's ok just remember to not isolate yourself" "hey Trudy has me bossing patrolmen I have never met around seriously think I should be getting paid" "I'll let you take that up with her" I shake my head "no thank you" he laughs sitting down in his chair.