Bright Light

The bright light blind my eye sight

The bright light blind my eye sight. I could hear machines beeping continuously like a rhythm. The smell of antiseptic fills my body like a bad dream. A tingly sensation fills my body with a wave of unthinkable pain. I move my eyes around the room my head feeling like it was in a vice. "Dad" I didn't recognise my voice it sounded and felt so foreign. His head lifts like an excited puppy who wants a treat. He squeezed my hand, the feeling quickly followed by tingles facing up my arm like they were on a racetrack. Dad gentle wraps his arms around me carful not to hold me to tight. "I love you so so much" he said standing up just looking at me. Everything in in the room was so bright it was a miracle I even could make out who was who. I see a body on the couch "she hasn't left" i would answer him or something but I can't bring myself to move or make a sound. "I'm so glad you are ok I was going insane...your my world I can't imagine loosing you" he carefully strokes my hair, "we have all been so worried about you Adams not as happy as normal Voights been around" there was a suffocating pause "what happened ley" I don't get a chance to answer before Connor enters to check on me. I follow his pen light thing with my eyes to the right before going back to the left.

Connor had ended with telling me I had to stay here for a week. Then he would assess it further to see if I can go home. Dad had left to get food unwillingly. Leaving me with Belle. "You have to get me out of here Belle" she goes to the door looking around. "Ok ok" she starts to help remove the iv. "Hey hey no" Adam comes in grabbing my wrist which was now bleeding. He grabs some random bandages putting pressure on my wrist. "Addy" I groan "she's not breaking you out you almost died your not leaving...I will hand cuff you to bed if I have to" I silently just watch him. "You stay there" he told Belle who sat on the couch. Dad walks in a moment later carrying a a bag of food. The bag drops to the floor and he races over to where Adam stood. "What happened" dad demanded freaking out "your other child was going to break her out" Dad looks between the two of us frowning he sticks his head out the door calling Will over. "What happened" I roll my eyes how many people are going to ask that. "Thing one and two tried to break out" Adam moves letting Will get to work patching me up. "You can't just leave god your worse than your dad" he begins scolding me "you can't even stand you had sever injuries when you came in" he adds clearly upset. Dad was over by Belle clearly scolding her. "Uncle Will" I groan as he puts an enormous painful amount of pressure "come on can't you watch me from home Connor can come over as well" i beg "your better than your dad at this but the answer is still no" he said sternly making me frown. "I stand by handcuffing you" Adam said making Will smirk "might have to take you up on that" "please no" I dramatically lean back Will, Dad and Adam chuckle. Belle sat on the couch frowning clearly upset she disappointed her father figure. I felt bad it was my idea my fault, just another thing it's my fault. "I'm fine" I groan again as Will squeezes my wrist again. "Your fine now" Will sighs "no more trying to escape" he points out "I can assure you these two won't be left alone" Dad said clearly mad.

"Dad I'm sorry" I said annoyed by the silent treatment he was giving me. He sighs rubbing us face "can't exactly blame you for something I would do. I just wouldn't have sliced my wrist open and almost got away" I try to withhold a smile. He carefully moves me so my head is leaning against him. He kisses my head smiling. He gestures for Belle to come over and she does. He wraps his arms around the both of us. I hold belles hand smiling. "Hey you may not have the Halstead name but your family" he tells Belle who smiles gleefully "yeah your my sister" she smiles happily leaning into dad.