Death

I had been discharged

I had been discharged. My left hand/wrist wrapped tightly, my right arm also wrapped. Truth was I don't think they would have discharged me if they didn't think I would stick around. My dad and uncle hadn't left so they knew I wouldn't. I stayed with my dad and Will to see how grandpa is. He wasn't ok. He was unconscious, machines breathing. It got serious when uncle Will started telling us how there wasn't much brain activity. Dad punched Will making me jump when he wanted to take grandpa off the machines. Dad stormed off leaving me and uncle Will. Uncle Will left not long after wiping his mouth. "I don't know if you can here me or not but I need to say my peace" I place my hand in his. "I know you don't like me much or at least that's what it seems. I know you hated the idea of me with a girl. But you need to know I have been through hell. Raped, beaten, shot at I have also shot someone, I have almost died twice now. Really thought I was going to die in the apartment build" a tear dripped down my face as I remember all the pain "I was sitting on the floor my lungs couldn't handle it Jess thought I was dying I thought I was dying hell I even told her to tell my dad I loved him and what I loved about him and Belle" I sigh "she kept me talking by asking me what I love about them. But that's not what I wanted to tell you. I wanted you to know how strong I am I came back from all of that. I haven't changed I've only become stronger. I'm slowly getting my confidence back that's hard to gain back after being so degraded so many times you start to question whether it's you. It's not though" tears dribble down my face "you need to know that his perfect I honestly couldn't think of a better person to be my father. He has been through hell just like me constantly worrying about me. He is amazing he gives me all the love and more which is exactly what I needed. No one really knew what I needed or how to handle me but he did" I sigh rubbing his hand "I know we didn't talk much but I did love the days I brought you food. I know you would never admit it but I know you liked it to if you didn't you wouldn't have invited Ronnie that time and introduced me as your granddaughter. You weren't the type of man to say I love you or any of that kind of thing hell you hated hugging but you still did granted you weren't very willing most of the time. I want you to know I love you. Your my grandfather by blood and that means something. I don't know what's going to happen. But you are so import to this family even if none of us really said it before now" I lean up kissing his head before sighing leaving to go find my dad.

I slowly walk up sitting beside my dad resting my head on his shoulder. I feel him sigh beneath me before moving his arm wrapping it around me pulling me close. He had such a tight grip on me I don't think he wanted to let go. "I love you dad" he kisses my head "I love you more than you can imagine" he give me a gentle squeeze careful of my burns. "Sorry if I scared you I saw you jump" "I may jump but I will never be scared of you your my dad" I tell him smiling causing him to smile back holding me a little tighter. I notice Will walking over. Will sits beside me and they talk about grandpa Will promising not to turn life support off, but dad came around. "Who am I kidding I know his gone" Dad sighed rubbing my back.  "You can't keep doing this to us kiddo" uncle Will said "his right I think we might go insane if you do" Dad adds making me smile. "I'll try stop" I sigh snuggling into dad wincing as my shoulder touches him a little to hard. "You alright" I nod "yeah yeah I'm fine" I smile "Bai if it hurts you need to tell me don't just accept it cause your like your dad and hate hospitals" Will told me going into doctor mode "just put a bit to much pressure on it I promise I'm fine" I smile warmly at them. "I'll seeing Belle" they look down at me as I sit up. "I don't know what it actually is but we snuggle and kiss" "so she's basically your girlfriend" Will said while dad just smirked "we haven't put a label on it she doesn't want to push me after everything but unofficially yes" I nod I watch them carefully to see how they react. Dad sighs placing his hands on my shoulders carful of the one that's bandaged making me look at him. "Ley I don't care who your with your could be with an alien for all I care" I giggle "as long as your happy I'm happy" he told me sternly "same goes for me" Will added making me glance at them "does this mean" Will begins to ask carefully"I'm gay I don't know" I cut him off shrugging "I should probably also add Kim and Addy know" I told them nervously "how do they know" Will asks "Adam I get you two are two peas in a pod but Kim" Dad said "yeah Addy is at the top of my contacts list because of how often we call and message each other...Belle kissed me a while ago now it was after soccer I went to her house like normal and she kissed me I freaked out was a bit of a mess so I just press call and Addy was at the top of his list...he was he took me to his place like normal and Kim was there. Kim talked to me, calmed me somewhat explained how complicated feelings are. She told me to talk to Belle truth is I probably would have been to scared to talk to her if I hadn't had the push" I tell the dad kisses my head "I'm glad you have them to help even when I'm not or can't" Dad said I smile happily hugging him as Will rubs my back.

I held onto dad tightly. We had all walked back to grandpas room together. I hadn't let go of dad. Will had gone to tell doctors before joining us. The moment the continuous beeping fills the air I hold on a little tighter. Dad had no emotion. Uncle Will was clearly upset. We may not show it often, I'm most definitely my fathers daughter. We won't show it often but we did show it now, I did show it. He was my grandfather.