Gang War

I run up the steps into intelligence frantically

I run up the steps into intelligence frantically. My ponytail swaying in every direction. My coat that protected me from the ice cold air now making me swelter. My eyes dart around looking for anyone I'm close to. "Bailey" my eyes snap to Hailey who was walking towards me with his hands up. She seemed cautious. My breathing was rapid in and out. "Bailey" I jump spinning seeing Vanessa. She seemed startled by me jumping. My eyes dart around again "where my dad or Addy" "they are out in the field" "Hank" "left a while ago" I take a deep breath "what's wrong" I look between the two girls I take a deep breath "I normally tell addy" "maybe we can help "the gang war between the hustlers and the g park lords well the Latin priest just got involved I don't know but Belle is their princess and I" I start to have a panic attack "hey hey take a deep breath come sit at your dads desk" Hailey said leading me to sit down. If I was in the right frame of mind I probably would have pushed her away. "I will get you a water while Rojas will call your dad or Adam even Hank" I nod I was in a daze everything was moving. I need you to breath for me. My eyes were on the board all the bodies, the images of the gang war. "Do you know how big this is" Vanessa said carefully coming over after putting the call out to my dad, Adam and Hank that they have to come back. "Um south side hustlers, G park lords, vice lords and now Latin priest that's all I know" I rub my face my hands shaking "your ok" Hailey said kneeling in front of me. "We won't let anything happen to you" I take a deep breath trying to calm myself but it was working. I don't know if I just couldn't calm till someone I trust walked in or if it was because it was her trying. I do admire her for trying though. "What's so urgent that you couldn't tell me...Bails" Hank said walking in he pauses noticing me before he comes over Vanessa and Hailey immediately back away. Hank looks around probably seeing who's here. "What's up kiddo" "there going to kill me and Belle" "who what's going on" he was kneeling in front of me he gave my hand a squeeze giving me a lot of comfort that I desperately needed "the gangs this war is only getting bigger by the second" "hey hey breath we won't let that happen" I nod taking a deep breath nodding "what do you know Bails" this was it do I lie or I tell the truth which probably get someone in trouble a lot of someone's. "hey I don't care" I sigh "Addy occasional asks me things" "that why he always seems to figure things out" I pause "Bails you need to tell me" "yeah I'm not a CI or anything he just one day figured out that I knew things while we were driving so he asks me. He just asks if I know about things he never ask me to get information or anything" "Ok what's this got to do with the gang war" "Belle is the princess of the Latin priest I'm always around and Addy isn't the only one to figure out I know things" he sighs rubbing his face "it was right after I shot the guy he figured it out they someone I don't know who figured out I shot the first shot between the two Belle said I have a big target" "where's Belle" "she's hiding whenever a gang war breaks out her dad hides her" he nods "ok ok nothing like that will happen for now your going to be with someone and always be here" I nod slowly calming.

I rest my head on the back of the chair watching Hank in his office "Ruzek my office" he shouts causing me to spin to see Kevin and Adam just enter. Adam sends me a questioning look to which I send him a silent apology. Adam sighs rubbing his face. He knew I told him, I was just worried he would get into trouble. This was my idea. I also knew my dad would probably want to kill him when he found out. I felt sick.