Like Daddy

Six years old

Six years old

Will was watching Bailey. He had picked her up from school and now they were at the small apartment that she lived at with mouse and her dad. "Uncle Will why did you want to fix people" she asks "I wanted to make them better" "because you couldn't make Granma better" he frowns "you going to be a doctor"  "no it's boring" "you always like to play doctor on your daddy and mouse...I think you would make a brilliant doctor you always make them better" "no I going to be like daddy and catch the bad guys" she said stubbornly "are you you know I help people sometimes I even fix the dad guys so your daddy can lock them up" the girls eyes began to water "I be like daddy" she said stamping her foot. Will didn't know what happy why she was suddenly in tears. "Hey what's wrong" "I be like daddy" "you can be whatever you like" he reassured her she suddenly burst into tears. Before Will could even remedy the situation jay walks in smiling but instantly frowns seeing his sweet innocent six year old crying. She runs over to him jumping into his, he puts her on his hip. Her head goes into his shoulder, arms clutching his neck. "What's wrong princess" she looks up sniffing "I want to be like daddy and catch the bad guys" "you can do that you have I will even help and I know grandpa Hank will along with your grandpa Al" she slowly nods putting her head back on his shoulder, just sniffing. Jay puts his stuff on the couch hugging her "I don't know what happened Jay I was just telling her how awesome she is at making you guys better when she's a doctor then she's crying" Will said "yeah she's been like this for everyone starting to think it's perfectly timed so I come in when she's crying" "why would she do that" "don't know but it does always revolve around someone talking about their job or her doing something other being a cop" "she really wants to be like you" Will smiled his eyes on the girl who clearly had fallen asleep against her dad. "She also won't sleep without me" "Jay I think it might be a bit more than just a kid wanting her dad" "that's what I was worried about" Jay mumbles going to put her down only to feel her grip on him tighten. "It's normal Jay stop freaking out her mother left when she was young she developed an attachment to you she's probably scared you will leave forever" Jay rubs her back "she's your entire world but she has to be around other people learn that you will come back is there anyone she doesn't do it to" "she doesn't do it to Voight Al and mouse that's it. She does try Voight won't have it told her he knew she was faking it. Al just hugs her and told her to stop being silly they were going to have fun and mouse is always here" Jay shrugs "so basically anyone who isn't around her normal" jay nods "school rang because she wouldn't stop crying said she won't stop till she saw me I couldn't go so I sent Voight don't know what he did but she hasn't cried since. He did say she was stubborn though" Will smirks "taste of your own medicine" "not really considering so only shows it to everyone else" Jay smirks "they say I can't be detective like daddy" her tiny small voice makes them turn their attention to her. They were both so sure she was asleep. "I am good like daddy right" "your prefect even better than daddy" Jay told her "grandpa Hank tells me to" "does he now" she nods smiling lifting her head "and Grandpa Al says I'm in beside partner I solve puzzle better than him" "how many times do they snuggle you into the district" "all the time no one knows except Erin but Grandpa Al said I'm a friend they didn't say daddy was daddy she's nice we drew together" she said smiling "who tells you you can't be a detective" Jay asks sitting her on the counter "lots of people but Nate said I couldn't cause girls aren't cops so Belle punched him" she said swing her legs back and forth. "If he thinks that tell me and I'll have Erin and Kim show up to his house" "really" Jay nods Will stands back smiling "Mr Gunther told me girls are meant to stay home I told him I want to be like daddy so he got me in trouble I cry and he said babies only cry...I don't want to be a baby daddy I want to be your big girl but I can't help crying my feeling are hurt and I miss you" "you aren't a baby everyone cries even daddy sometimes" "really what about Will" "I cry to" "and grandpa Hank and grandpa Al" she asks "they cry to" she smiles "Belle said I be a good detective the best. She hurts anyone who says different" "she's a good friend to you I don't know about the hurting and punching people. I don't want you hurting anyone ok. I can't control Belle and I would much prefer she didn't hurt people but I can tell you not to. If someone makes you sad or anything you go to the nurse or the office and have them call me if I don't answer have them call grandpa Hank" she nods "I will talk to the school about Mr Gunther anyone else" "um Miss Cooper and Mr Dane they both told me I couldn't" he nods "well I will make sure no one else says anything....you can be like me" "can you take me in your police truck and we flash lights" he laughs "I can" the small girls eyes light up he lift her off the counter "but right now you have to go pick a book for bed we can tomorrow so you won't fall asleep" she nods racing off to her room in search of a book. "She idolises you Jay" "I know she's my entire world" "daddy can we read rainbow fish I like this one" she holds the book up "daddy is going to have a shower so his all nice and clean them we will snuggle" "in daddy's bed" jay nods "in my bed can uncle Will keep you company I think he feels bad for making you cry" Jay said before walking down the hall "I sorry uncle Will" "never be sorry for being sad kiddo" she smiles hugging him and he picks her up "what's this book about" "a rainbow fish he gives all his pretty scales to his friends and he only has one left" she smiles showing him pictures "you can stay daddy is really good at reading it" "I would love to but unfortunately I have to go kiddo" she pouts "I will see you again though tomorrow" "whenever you like" she nods smiling goofily. There was no doubt in anyones mind that she was jays when they say her smile, hell even there smirk was the same. "I go snuggle with daddy then" Will nods looking up at Jay who now appeared in the doorway with track pants on and a loose shirt, hair still wet from the shower. The girl lean over jay instantly taking her in his arms. "Will has to go he doesn't want to stay and hear you read rainbow fish" "I'm hurt" Jay said playfully causing Will to roll his eyes. "Love you Bai" "love you uncle Will" she watches the man leave before turning to her dad. Jay walks down the hall to his room putting her on his bed before getting in before her "I love you daddy so much" "I love you as well princess more than anything" Jay kisses her head before laying down with her leaning against him. He opens the book and begins reading. His favourite time of the day, his daughter in his arms absorbing everything his saying.