Normal

I was determined to feel normal again

I was determined to feel normal again. This included going to soccer and cheer again like I never left. Hang around the district again. Talk to my dad, Hank and Adam again I don't particularly care for anyone else.

I was currently with Adam and Kevin. They were checking something out when I saw them, I had been to talk to Belle. Asked if we could hang out. That's how we are here the two males watching me ice skate of course they still had their radios "were did you lean to stake like that" "dad use to take me" I twirl around before skating over to them "dad can't skate don't worry he ended up just ended up watching me like you are" "can you do one of those jump spin things" Kevin asks I was about to say I would when their radio goes off. I get off the ice sliding the blade covers on and walking over to them. "You can go I can change to my shoes in the car" they look at each other clearly having a debate of whether to take me or leave me. "I'll stay in the car I promise" they sigh and Adam wraps his arm around me "think your dad will kill us either way so I would like a dark coffin" "black or brown" going along with it "ohh and do you want a gold trim or silver I always thought that looked cool" Adam rubs his face thinking.

I sat in the car bored out of my mind. All I wanted to do was get out, especially when I heard the gun shots but I promised I wouldn't. I know my dad Hank Adam practically the entire team would kill me if I went in. I lay across the back seat my skates laying on the floor as I scroll through my phone. I jump dropping my phone on my face when someone knocks on the window. I immediately sit up seeing Adam. He opens the door "thought you might need some air" I jump out twirling around "air glorious air I thought I was going to die" I said dramatically making him laugh he leads me the rest of the unit. I smile seeing everyone was ok. I got worried hearing the gun shots. I walk over hugging my dad who held me close. "What are you doing here" "didn't you hear you jumped into the future I'm a detective now always told you I would be better than Addy here" I reply to my dad gaining a few laughs "no they took me skating and then smuggled me here" I answer pointing to Adam and Kevin seeing Hanks unamused look. I could tell he was just hiding it though, probably did want to laugh somewhere deep inside. "So who got shot" I look at all of them trying to spot any blood on them "just the bad guy" my dad said kissing my head. "Can I help" I ask hopefully mainly aim my question to Hank and my dad, knowing they have the final vote. They share a look my dad shrugging probably figuring it's safer if I'm around them. "You can help Ruzek with the computers" "I help him if anything I do it all while he throws random stuff around the room and takes credit for my amazing work" I correct making everyone smirk some holding back a laugh after seeing the offending look on Adams face. "I help" "Addy babe you push button that's a bit different" he rolls his eyes "come on" he storms off to the car "we're going ice skating after this is over your all invited to work quick I'm impatient" "don't we know it" my dad mumbled making me slap his chest causing him to laugh "Kev wants to see me leap and twirl so your all coming also I'm almost positive Addy can't skate so it's going to be hilarious" I smile "FRANK" I glance at the car "I should go but if you don't hear from me his probably murdered me in which I leave it to Hank to avenge me don't let dad to it he will get caught" I tell them running over to the car before my dad can kill me.

I sit at Adams desk next to him. My laptop in front of me Adam on his computer. Adam was doing his thing I rest my head on his shoulder watching him. The team and come and gone. The whiteboard now step up. It when I found out they shot at the person just not taking him down. "Want my opinion" Adam glances at me "yeah what is it" "that looks like the work of a Latin priest" "know his name" "Romeo Lopez the executioner" he types away pulling up files. He prints off stuff handing it to me. "Why do you think it's him" he asks "A)" I said standing up walking to the board Adam close behind "loop at this crime scene photo" I point to the one on the board "now look at this one" I put one beside it. "Also I met him before heard stories" I shrug Adam nods pulling his phone out calling them back telling them we found something.

The team came back. "What you got" Hank asked Adam I was typing away on my laptop "I didn't but Frank does" I froze staring at him "we had an agreement I tell you you take the credit" I gasp he rolls his eyes "your smart Frank really smart you stared at the pictures and figured this out your a queen at puzzles and I still don't know how you find solitaire and Tetris fun. This you deserve this" I stare at him "I'm not a cop Addy" "if he thought it was good enough to call us back it's good what is it Bails" Hank asks I nervously look around getting a room full of encouraging smiles. I sigh rubbing my neck standing up. "A Latin priest Romeo Lopez he goes by the name executioner" I say I stare at the image in my hand wondering if I was wasting there time. "Ley" I glance at my dad seeing him nod in encouragement "his like somewhat of a ghost story Belles dad told her she's told me i have also been there when his told the story" I glance at the image "as you know this is your crime scene" I point before sticking the picture beside it "this is his work" I step back everyone looking between the two "I recognised your image because that one circles around with the ghost stories" I add "there the same was there any evidence at these scenes" Hailey asks smiling at me "Um no he confessed to two got out on behaviour they assume the others are him because they are the same" I say "is there anyone his close to or might know" Dad ask smiling making me smile maybe I did good. "I don't know maybe the gang" I shrug. Dad hugs me tightly "you did good really good" he told me "yeah you found something none of us could find" Hank said walking over and kissing my head. "Think you can work on finding out more for us" he asks making me nod "what else am I meant to do I have been bored out of my mind" they laugh everyone going back to their desks looking for what they can on Romeo Lopez. I stand there for a moment smiling proud at what I did. Maybe I do have it in me. "Maybe Will was wrong" "what did he say" dad asks "told me I was going to be a doctor I always told him he was wrong" "you did always want to be a cop" I smile nodding remember all the times I said I wanted to be just like my dad. Will was trying forever to convince me to be a doctor I use to get so mad and angry at him. I remember crying to my dad about it. "She tried to get him arrest once" dads voice snaps me back making me realise he had told them exactly what I was thinking. "He use to make me so mad...besides I can't be a doctor hatred for hospitals is inherited" I said "clearly I remember all the times Will had called me cause you broke out" I roll my eyes "at least I get out you" I shake my head laughing "have you ever escaped" he just scowls at me causing me to smirk "love you" I shout laughing moving back to the desk.