Like me

It was a weekend

It was a weekend. I had spent most of the day in my room doing my own thing. I walk into the living room kitchen area to find some food "hi" I nearly jumped out of my skin that most definitely wasn't my dads voice. I spin around seeing hailey in our living room "hi" I said carefully looking around "where's dad" "he went out to get some food" I nod stepping out of the kitchen. "Why don't you come join me" I want to look at her in disbelief but that would be rude, don't want daddy thinking I'm rude to his girlfriend or whatever they are. "I'm good that's ok I might just go back to my room" "come join me we can get to know each other" I stare at her "we should at least get along for your dads sake" great now she's using my dad against me. Not exactly a winning move on her part. I sit down in the spot furthest away from her. It's not that I don't like her, I just don't know or trust her. She's also trying way to hard and it's making me uncomfortable. I sat there in silence sending Adam a quick text to rescue me. "So has it always been you and your dad" "I have a mum" I said not looking at her she awkwardly nods. Why did she make me stay here if it's just silence. "Frank" Adam yells making me jump up i rush over to hug him "thank you" I whisper he holds me a little tighter in response "Adam" Hailey asks in shock "what are you doing here" I pray he doesn't out me "I was bored thought Frank might like to join me for a movie night" "but it's not Friday" I step back confused "so" he shrugs making himself at home on the couch "so what are you doing here" "oh um I was...I was visiting jay" I roll my eyes at her panicked state "he knows you have been sleeping with my dad" "you told him" "I had to vent to someone just feel the comfort it wasn't Hank" "you and Voight are pretty close" Adam remarks "yeah he takes me to breakfast every Monday before dropping me at school" I shrug "I want breakfast with my sister" he pulls me to him making me laugh as I'm practically laying on him "Addy you wake up like five minutes before you leave" he laughs I could tell hailey was jealous it was practically seeping off her. "Why does he call you Frank" I could hear the disgust in her voice. I think many wonder why I let him call me a 'boys' name. "She calls me Addy" Adam shrugs "he thought Addy was too girl so he started calling me Frank as a joke and they both just stuck" I shrugs sitting up making myself comfortable as my legs go across Adam "it's like I'm on a ride" he lift my legs up making me laugh. We have a very strange sense of humour. "You almost made me fall" "like this" he then proceeds to push me off the couch. "Adam what are you doing here" dad said none of us heard him come him "clearly pushing me off furniture in my own home" dad laughs walking over helping me up "was bored thought I would see Frank" Adam shrugs "bathroom break" I say walking down the hall but not to far, I stand behind the wall listening knowing I'm the main topic of conversation. "Your daughter messaged him when I was trying to get to know her" Hailey whines "she didn't messages and your trying to hard which is pushing her away" Adam adds "just relax babe she will like you" "how can trying push her away" Hailey asks "the last person to try hard really hurt her" "she told you about her mum" my dad asked shocked think he finally figured out how close I am to Adam. I peer around the corner just in time to see Adam nod "look take it from the guy who she classes as a brother let her come to you it could be weeks or months but she will and she opens up pretty quick" "think your the only one she told apart from Voight about her mum" my dad mused still in shock "she just needs to figure out that you aren't taking her dad away from her your joining them" Adam shrugs as he eats food correction as he eats my food. I walk over to the bathroom flushing the toilet and washing my hands like I had just been in there. I walk out scowling at the man who smirking and eating my food. "You buying me more" "nope" "then stop eating my food" "but I'm hungry" "so ami and I'm the child" I snatch the spring roll of him shoving it in my mouth before he react. He stares at me in horror but I just shrug, I can hear my dad laughing at our antics.