Confession

I sat in front of the IA person "so you have a recording" "I need certain assurances that the cop isn't going to loose anything he did the right thing" "how about you let us determine that your just a kid" "a kid who's been raped shot attack and t...

I sat in front of the IA person "so you have a recording" "I need certain assurances that the cop isn't going to loose anything he did the right thing" "how about you let us determine that your just a kid" "a kid who's been raped shot attack and the daughter of a detective believe me I know right from wrong...I need it in writing signed by everyone that the cop isn't going to get any repercussions" "why do you care about this cop" "his my family and his being pushed in all sorts of directs so he may lie his being threatened so I don't know what he will say" I rub my face "wait here" I nod being left alone.
I don't know how long I sat there but the person came back in slamming a paper in front of me. "Your smart" I pull my phone out pushing play allowing them to listen.

I hold the paper tightly as I walk up the steps to intelligence. I place the paper on Kevin's desk subtly not wanting the to answer questions. I walk over to my dad smiling. I lean into him causing him to sigh. I step back allowing him to get up and following him down to the locker room. He hands me my duffle for soccer while I pass him my school bag only keeping my phone, keys and purse. "You sure you don't want me there" I shake my head "dad I will be fine and I will call" he nods hugging me kissing my forehead. I knew he was worried, it was my first time going anywhere alone since. Every time I was away from them it seemed like bad things happen. But we had to let go at some point. "Call if you need me and if I don't answer" "call hank if he does call trudy so she can get you on the radio" he smiles gleefully "you tell me every time dad" I remind him he hugs me tightly kissing my head one last time before leading me up the steps.

I run around the oval kicking the ball before passing it to Belle who scored. We both lean against the fence watching our teammates and the boys team. A boy leans beside me James beside him. I glance at him before turning back watching the two teams play. "So do girls and boys always train together" his British accent was so strong I glance over at him I didn't even know him. "No just once sometimes twice a week" I shrug I could practically feel how tense Belle was. "That's Bailey and Belle ladies this is Ares he just moved here" I nod smiling "well welcome to Chicago" I say "you want to know what's going on in this city these two know...Bai here is the daughter of a detective in intelligence which is like the most elite police unit in the city. Belle is the princess of a gang" "two gangs" Belle said smirking "I thought we agreed not to tell people my origin story when we first meet them" I groan out making James let out a loud obnoxious laugh.

I lean against James car. He takes Belle and I home when we train together. We were standing with Stella waiting for James to finish talking to Ares and some other guy on his team "Lee Henry long time no see" Stella said I look over seeing a blonde guy walking with Alex. "Bai long time no see how you doing" Alex said walking over squeezing my arm. "I'm fantastic getting back to me" I answer as James comes over hugging me holding me to his chest causing me to laugh. He was the only male outside of intelligence and my family I let hug me, his my brother. "Alex, Henry" he greets "this is Ares you guys right if we give him a lift" I shrug "I don't mind" I say Belle just shrugs "how come you two don't know anyone on our team...Lee Henry this is Bailey and Belle" "we don't socialise outside of class" Belle said back to Stella making all of us but Lee Henry and Ares laugh. It was safe to say most of the people here knew all the trauma of what I had been through so they understand it. For me anyway Belle has alway been reserved.

I watch smiling as James as Belle on his back. We were all just talking and having fun by the cars. "So how long have you played" "since I was three with Belle...met James when we were six and officially started playing Alex and Stella when we were eight" I answer Lee Henry "so what do you prefer Lee or Henry I heard you get called both and considering I rarely get called Bailey...sorry if that was rude your name is great if you want to be called Lee Henry it's totally fine" I say "it's fine relax I don't mind call me what you like" I nod smiling "well you will hear me have a million nicknames Belle calls me Frankie most people call me Bai or some variation...you can call me Bai or anything other than Ley or Frankie or Frank" he looks at me confused "dad calls me ley...Belle calls me Frankie and my big brother calls me Frank" he nods "how long have you played" I ask "since I was ten" I was so confused how our paths haven't crossed. We exchange numbers before I get into the passenger seat of the car. I felt trapped in the back so James said the passenger seat was mine, Ares didn't get it the million reasons but he kept his mouth shut.

Dad had messaged me telling me he was going to be late, which helped me decided to go to Belles. It was easier to drop us off at her dads house as it wasn't to far from James. I follow her inside dumping my soccer bag by the door just carrying my phone through the house. "Bai my girl" her dad exclaims from the kitchen with a beer in his hand "oh Ellie girl your here to" I laugh hugging him "Is this payback for your dad loving me" Belle exclaimed pushing her dad out of the way causing his long brown hair to flop in his face "how is your dad haven't seen him in a while" "his good working" I shrug "how are you since" I knew what he meant, I notice Belle tense holding two soft drinks watching me carefully "I'm good thank you" I didn't have to spell it out he knew what I meant, he just nodded "well I'm going to be out back smoking and" he held up a beer "drinking call if you need me some of the guys are here to" he said before walking out the back door.

Belle and I sat on her bed just talking, laughing and drinking our drinks. "So what do you think of Lee Henry and Ares" she asks taking a sip of her drink. We always talk about it, see what the other thinks. I shrug "they seem cool I don't know James likes Ares so I guess his good and Lee Henry is nice" she nods humming. It's a system to determine who would our friend, it just what we do. "It's been six months since are you ok" she's been constantly checking on me. She probably checks on me more than my dad but she saw most of it. I love her for it even if it's so annoying. "I'm good still waking up up I'm fantastic trying to forget him" she nods smiling "you will I promise" she held my hand giving it a slight squeeze making me smile. "I got your back along with James other that all your first responder family" she said making me roll my eyes and laughing at the last part. She runs her finger on the healing scar on my jaw line. I had just got the stitches out a few weeks ago so it was very fresh. Her other hand tracing the bruises on my left collarbone. Her eyes entranced taking in every detail of me and my healing injuries. I'm just happy those were the only two that could still seen. All the others were hidden beneath my clothes or healed. The stab wound on my stomach was by far the worst I still get pain in my stomach, or the scar on my neck where he sliced my throat but that wasn't painful just a scar and occasionally tender.

She suddenly leans forwards in one swift motion her lips are on mine. I kiss back before I freeze in panic jumping back. She looks so nervous and awkward I want to just hug her. I couldn't get my body to move towards as I stare momentarily frozen. "I have to go" I rush out grabbing my phone ignoring her shouts and apologies for to come back. I grab my bag racing out the door sending a quick text to Adam asking him to pick me up, I would have called James but he made a point of telling us how busy he was going to be. I was freaking out, but mainly I was scared. Scared I had just lost someone so important to me.