Caught

It was awkward

It was awkward. I forgot Adam was coming over so I left the door unlocked but I forgot. So he had walked in on me and a certain boy in the couch. Not just sitting either oh no it had to be a full blown make out session with me on top of him. Her certain male counterpart had jumped out the window which startled both me and Adam. Point is now I'm here sitting awkwardly in the living room waiting for my dad who was with Hailey. I don't know what they were doing I don't care either. I kinda hope she doesn't show up with him. Adam sat at the island counter fiddling with his keys.

"What's with the urgent call" Dad asks coming in clearly worried. He was immediately confused "your daughter was getting hot and heavy on the couch with some guy" "ok" I smile my dad trusted me clearly Adam didn't. "She was making out with him she was on top of him" Adam said slowly he was clearly mad. I see it like it happened in slow motion my dad suddenly become very mad. "You know the rules" dad pointed at me. Seems all I'm extremely good at these days is making him mad. The rules no boys in the apartment unless dad is here, only Belle in the apartment when no one else is, and keep the door locked. Seems I broke all the rules. It does make me smile that he was willing to ignore it when he first heard about it. "Who is it" I don't want him in trouble these guys are cops and who knows what grandpa Hank will probably chuck in the cage when he finds out. "Don't tell me fine remember I will find out it will only be worse for you" I don't meet my dads eyes. Staring at the family picture of me and my dad when I was younger on the wall. "Come on" "what" it was the first time I spoke since either of them got here. "You think I'm leaving you here" my dad laughs sarcastically. He grabs my wrist careful not to hurt me pulling me up and out the door. He pauses having Adam make sure I don't run while he locks the door. I have run before didn't get far with a cop dad though.

I hadn't spoken Dad tried the whole way. Hell even Hailey tried. She stayed in the car while dad came inside. But I never spoke. I silent walk beside Adam behind my dad and Hailey. "Thought you were at home" Hank said as I walk over and hug him. It was kinda our thing whenever I came here the first thing I did I would hug him. I use to hug Al first he would throw me in the air and make me giggle, I didn't start hugging Hank like this until after. "She was want to tell him why your here" I don't speak "no ok Adam walked in on her on top of someone she was making out with" Hank puts his finger under my chin "I assume you haven't given a name" I shake my head "well seeing as your not going anywhere your going to help" Hank said dad walks over handing me my laptop before leading me to his desk where he made a nice space for me. I knew we were in a stand off neither one of will back down it happens a few times. We are both to stubborn to let up. Will claims it's because we're so alike.

Dad gets up grabbing his jacket. He sends me a look that is enough to send chills down my spin. A look that tells me if I leave his desk his going to kill me. He kissing my head before walking away with hailey. I watch the both with my eyes before moving over taking up more of his desk. It wasn't long after dad and Hailey left before some guy in police uniform judging by his stars his important. I watch him with my eyes. How he speaks to hank with such authority. "Excuse me" Hank said waving his phone before answering it walking down the hall. The man looks around at us before he stops and stares at me. I don't move my eyes just staring right back at him. I could see the confusion him trying to figure out who I was. "Frank how's the work going" Adam said racing over he puts his body in front of mine blocking this man's view. I couldn't miss his interest and intrigue before Adams body blocked it. He momentarily moves looking at my laptop seeing my school work on the screen. My eyes met Adams. We communicate through our eyes or at least I hope we do otherwise I'm going crazy. I hope he knows that the tracking and hacking were behind in another window hidden. "Sorry about that want to talk in my office" Hank said coming back in. "I think I got everything I need" Adam walks back to his desk making me aware he never took his eyes off me "superintendent" Hank shakes his hand "Sargent" he leave his eyes only leaving me after his passes the desk. They want till his down the steps giving it a few minutes before they start speaking "did he stare at Bails the whole time" "yep in a super creepy way to" "yeah I could even feel him staring holes in my back while I was blocking the view" Adam and I say at the same time. "No one said her name" Hank said looking around "only called her Frank" Hank nods rubbing his face "you see him you make sure someone is around or you call us" Hank told me sternly making me nod.