chapter 5: sabotaging idiot

After chasing Deku around for the past 5 minutes, I've barely gotten any good hits in. But now I've got him right where I want him: in my direct line of fire, with nowhere to run.

Now is the perfect time to use my new equipment, I've been saving my sweat in my launchers for this exact moment.

I wrap my finger around the pin on my blaster as my chest flutters in excitement. "He wont die if it's not a direct hit!" I cry as I overflow with anticipation, ready to finally show this nerd who's boss.

But of course, right before I pull the pin, I'm blinded by a flash of green. Glitch-girl appears right between us, and I hesitate.

What's this idiot doing?!

She grabs ahold of my arm, fingernails digging into my skin. She snaps, and I once again experience the void, for what feels like a million years and a split second all at once.

When we manifest back in reality, I rip my arm from her tight grasp, her fingernails leaving red scratches on my skin. "What the hell are you doing?!" I shout, "I was about to beat him!"

"I don't care," she says, emotionless.

"What floor are we on?!"

She stares at me blankly.

"Take me back right now! If you don't take me back we'll lose!"

"I don't care," she repeats.

I move past her and start running down the hall. "Deku! Where are you?!" I shout, seething with even more anger than before.

Glitch-girl flashes in front of me and apparently sticks her foot out, because by the time I realize what's going on, I've tripped over her. And just as I think I can somehow regain my footing, she uses her hands to shove me even harder to the ground.

I fall to the floor on my hands and knees. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell, lifting up my hands and instinctively blasting away at the dumb cunt, but she flashes out of the way.

"You're acting like a fucking child," I hear her insult from behind.

I stand and turn around as fast as I can to try to blast her again, but she once again disappears before my explosions can reach her.

God, this is fucking pointless! I'll never get a good hit in with her flashing around like this. Now where is she?! I'll kill her!

As I turn to look behind me, I feel her arms wrap around my waist. "Dont..!" she says as she lifts me off the floor, "Fuck with me!" she exclaims, then slams me hard on the ground.

Did this bitch just body slam me?! How?!

I scramble to my feet. "You're crazy!" I shout.

"We were supposed to be a team!" she shouts back.

I step up to get in her face. "Exactly! So what the fuck are you doing sabotaging us?!"

"I don't give a fuck about your stupid childhood grudges!" she exclaims, balling her fists and stamping her foot like a toddler. "I had a good plan and you completely ignored me! I don't-" She puts her hands to my chest and shoves. "-Like that shit!"

I stumble back. "Well I don't care about what you want!" I yell. "I care about winning!"

"Well, forget it," she says, suddenly at a normal speaking volume. "I'm sure Deku is halfway to the weapon by now, or Uraraka has woken up."

I'm not even gonna ask.

I shove her back. "You pissed away the whole fight!" I shout, rage burning even hotter in my chest as I realize just how badly she fucked this up.

She steps right back in my face. "I don't care," she says softly, eyes widened like a psychopath. "Maybe you'll think twice about ignoring me next time, jerk."

My jaw clenches in fury. "Who the hell do you think you are?!" I exclaim.

She takes a step back and narrows her eyes. "Your worst nightmare," she mocks, flashing jazz hands.

She then glitches out of sight, and I'm left there looking like an idiot.

"And the heroes have the weapon! The battle is over!"