chapter 115: and again

aerie

   I wipe the blood off my lip. "Tell me," I say.

   Katsuki looks at me, tears streaming down his face. "Tell you what?" he says with a sniffle.

   "When did you realize that you liked me?"

   "Not now, Aerie," he says, shaking his head.

   "Please?" I ask.

   "Again."

   Katsuki winds up his other fist and hits me again, causing him to break back into sobs.

   "C'mon, Katsuki," I say. "I wanna hear it."

   He takes a deep breath to try and calm himself. "It was the camping trip," he says, voice wavering. "When you put on my clothes."

   I smile, reminiscing on the look on his face when he poked his head out of the sleeping bag and saw me there. "And what did you think, then?" I say, even though I'm sure I already know the answer.

   "I thought that you sitting there," he says, then gulps. "In the light of the lantern, with your wet hair and your clean face, wearing my shirt..."

   "You thought what?" I say, with a small chuckle.

  "Again, harder."

   Katsuki squeezes his eyes shut, then swings again, letting out a frustrated "Fuck!" as he follows through.

   I fall to my hands and knees, but quickly get up again. I rush over to him and hug him, squeezing him as hard as I can. I hear him breaking back down into sobs, and my heart sinks even further at the pathetic sound. "What did you think, Katsuki?" I say, softly.

   "I thought I was the luckiest person in the world," he says, breathing quickly and shallow. "To be able to see something so beautiful."

   I smile softly. "What went through your mind," I say, "When you asked me to come into the sleeping bag?"

   He blows air out of his nose, suddenly seeming a lot more calm. "Nothing," he says. "I just kind of said it."

   "I couldn't believe you said that," I chuckle, shaking my head with a reminiscing smile.

   "Yeah," he says, clearing his throat. "You and me, both."

   "More."

   "Fuck," Katsuki curses, quietly to himself.

   "It's fine, kitty," I say, then back away from him so he can do his thing.

   He shakes his head with a grimace. "I don't want to fucking do this!" he cries.

   "I know, baby," I sigh, "I know."

   He shuts his eyes, and swings.

   I stumble a bit.

   "More."

   "Fuck!" Katsuki cries, then swings again, and again, causing me to fall back to the ground.

   "What did you think," I say, before spitting a mouthful blood on the floor. "When we were laying together?"

   "I can't, Aerie," he says, shaking his head.

   "Please!" I say, sounding a little more desperate than I had hoped. "For me," I say, much quieter.

   "I was scared," he says with a sniffle.

   "Why were you scared?" I chuckle.

   "I don't know," he says, shaking his head. "I had never been so close to you. You were so pretty, you smelled so good. I just... started to feel weak, I guess." He takes a deep and shaky breath. "I didn't know how to handle it," he chuckles, through his tears. "You were just so cute to me, I didn't know what to do."