chapter 56: my time to shine

I was a bit disappointed when I found out who I'd be fighting first. Aoyama? The belly button guy? Seriously? However, to make things a bit exciting after all, if me and Katsuki both win our next two battles, it'll be me vs. him. That's the kind of riveting content I live for, and all the motivation I need.

   As soon as Present Mic says start, I've already made it behind frenchie here. Without me being within his laser's line of sight, I have free reign to perform a delicious Ushiro Goshi. As soon as he moves the slightest bit to look behind him, I wrap my arms tightly around his waist, lift him off the ground and drop him to the floor, in a perfectly clean throw. He tries to stand up as quickly as he can, but it's already too late. Once I have you on the ground, it's all over. I wrap my arm around the back of his neck and squeeze him into submission, with him managing to cry "I give up!" before I have the chance to put him to sleep.

   I drop him immediately, and he chokes and gasps for air.

   "And the winner is Kaiya Miyasaki!" shouts Present Mic, and the crowd goes wild.

   It's an insane feeling, to have thousands of people cheering for you. After spending most of my life in the shadows, it feels pretty crazy to have so many people witness the power that I possess.

   I chuckle to myself.

   Well, if they liked that, I'm sure they'd go crazy to see me fight someone actually challenging. I can't wait to see who's gonna get owned next.

   After running to my locker to grab a quick snack, I make my way to the stands to find my class, so I can watch the other fights with the rest of them. Hopefully the next few fights last a bit longer than mine did.

When I spot that spiky red hair of my best bud, I sprint up the steps, but I then notice Katsuki sitting there, on a row all by himself. As much as I'd love to hear Kiri sing my praise right about now, I'd also like to see what Katsuki has to say about it.

His fight with Uraraka was before mine, and it was actually pretty intense. She must have learned a thing or two since I briefly fought her during battle training. But nevertheless, Katsuki took the win. Which mean's we're one step closer to an explosively glitchy showdown. Eek! I can't wait!

   "Hey, kittykat!" I call as I skip up the steps over to him. He looks at me with a blank expression. "Mind if I sit here?" I ask very politely, like I'm not gonna sit here no matter what he says.

   "I don't care," he says, "Just don't be annoying."

I don't care? Well, I'd say that's a pretty big step up from the "hell no, go fuck yourself" that I was expecting.

   "C'monnn," I sing as I plop down in the seat next to him. "My life's mission is to annoy you!"

   "Wh-" he says with wide eyes, frantically checking over his shoulders, before looking back at me. "Did Kirishima say something to you?!"

   I raise an eyebrow. "Uhhhh, what?"

Did Uraraka knock a few screws loose or something?

   "Um, nothing," he says, closing his eyes and quickly shaking his head. "So...uh... I see you're feeling better," he mutters.

Okay, what the hell is going on here? "I see you're feeling better"?? Did I miss something here?!

   I clear my throat, ignoring his odd behavior, for the moment anyway. "Yup," I say proudly, "Ready for my fight with the bird." I hit my palm with my fist. "With the light from my glitching, I'll tear that guy to shreds. I'm not even worried about it."

   "Yeah," he says with a slight chuckle. "You took down that belly button guy no problem. It's like it wasn't even fair, he had no idea what hit him."