chapter 89: square one

As soon as I manifest back into reality, I'm hit with the same musty scent of the alleyway where my life suddenly became something. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from ever walking this way, it was never worth it in the end.

   "Did you just teleport?" I hear Tomura say from behind.

   I know what he wants me to say, but I refuse to give him the satisfaction. Besides, the scent along with the treacherous conversation I've had just moments before, it's too much. I lean forward, and empty my stomach on the concrete.

   I guess I must not have heard Tomura's footsteps grow closer over the sound of my own puking, because I flinch when he places his hand gently over my back.

   "You okay?" he says, softly.

   I refuse to give him an answer, I just stand up straight and wipe my mouth with the back of my arm.

   He places his finger under my chin and points my face to look at him. "Thank you for coming, kitten," he says.

   "Like I had a choice," I say, glaring back at him.

   "Oh, enough of that," he says as he wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me in for a very unwanted hug.

   I decide against wriggling out of his embrace as to not anger him so soon, but the familiar scent of his shirt and the warm sensation of his arms around me soon becomes the reason why I don't resist. It's strange, although I know he's the reason for all of this suffering, his kindness helps me not be so afraid. But I'm sure that's what he wants, so I try not to let it show.

   He finally pulls away, and kisses my lightly on my forehead. "Alright," he says, "Beam us to Kurogiri."

   I pretend to look around. "Where is he?" I mutter. As far as Shiggy knows, I can only beam 214 meters, to anywhere, as long as it's in my line of sight.

   "You don't need to know that, do you?" he chuckles. "You can beam to anyone or anything no matter where they are."

   I blink.

He's not supposed to know that.

    "Listen," he continues, "With Sensei gone, you don't have to hide your quirk from me anymore. Okay, little Belle?"

   Did he just say what I think he said..?

   "Huh?" I blurt.

   "You know, Belle. Short for Bella. That is your name, right? Arabella?"

   I gulp. "How do you-"

   "Oh, come on, little Belle. How stupid do you think I am?"

   My heart begins to race at where this is going. "What?" I say, trying not to let myself panic.

   "I've always known who you are."

   "How?" I say, panicking.

   "The night we met, as soon as you fell asleep, I looked up teleportation quirks registered in America around the time you were born."

I gulp, then attempt to slow my breathing. "So you know my full name?"

"I know everything."