chapter 79: without thinking

As soon as the green light fades away, I'm staring Shiggy straight in the face, only separated by a few inches.

   Okay, maybe this wasn't such a good plan after all.

   He blinks at me in disbelief. "Aerie?" he says, like it's necessary to confirm that the one who just teleported here in a green flash was indeed me.

   I ignore my puzzled ex boyfriend, and quickly turn to scan the room for Katsuki, praying that there's a way to get him out of here.

But when my eyes fixate on that sweet boy, with a look on his face twice as puzzled as Tomura's, my heart sinks.

Of course. Of course he's strapped up in metal chains. What was I expecting? Why wouldn't Shiggy strap him up in a way that makes it impossible for me to beam him out of here without taking the whole building with me?

   I squeeze my eyes shut and stomp my foot in frustration. "Fuck," I mutter.

   I begin to quickly run through my options here.

I can try to reason with my ex-boyfriend, and sacrifice myself for my new boyfriend's freedom?
...that's not too likely to end in my favor.

I can try to fight?
...I doubt that'd turn out too well for me.

I can beam away and change my name again and pretend like this never even happened?
...hm, I might have to come back to that one.

Alright, what's the best option I can take that's least likely to result in both mine and Katsuki's demise, that doesn't involve running away crying like a little baby?

   I sprint to Katsuki's side to try my best to get him free.

I shake the heavy chains in hope of getting them slightly loose, but it's no use. I begin to yank and pull and pry and-

   "What the fuck are you doing? Glitch us the hell out of here!" Katsuki shouts, breaking my concentration.

   "Shut up!" I snap, as I desperately claw at the stupid chains, praying for a miracle.

   I feel time running out as I hear Shiggy's footsteps growing closer, but the adrenaline coursing through my veins gives me enough courage not to give up.

That is, until he places his cold hand on my shoulder. One wrong move, and I'm dead. He might as well be holding a gun to my head.

   I beam to the other side of the room as fast as possible. "Don't touch me," I spit, shuddering at the threatening feeling of his cold touch.

   Tomura sighs, with an amused look on his face.

Suddenly, my fears subside a bit. I expected him to be seething, but instead, he looks entertained. Cocky. This mood of his isn't threatening at all. He thinks he's winning.

He folds his arms, then lifts one hand to beckon me with his finger. "C'mere," he says.

   I scoff. "Fuck no."

Does this fucker seriously think I'm gonna listen to him now just because he has my boy toy all chained up? My days of following orders are over.

   He slowly walks to Katsuki's side, then places a finger on his shoulder, threateningly. "Come. Here," he repeats.

Alright, now I have to think. Am I ready to give up so soon? Am I willing to call it quits after this weak ass attempt to save Katsuki didn't even turn out with a single chance of victory?

   "No, don't do it, Kai!" Katsuki cries, frantically. "Just get out of here!"

   I tilt my head at my adorable boyfriend, who looks so cute when he's scared to death.