chapter 114: cake

bakugo

   My eyes widen in horror, and I frantically shake my head. "No," I say, "Fuck no, I'm not doing that!"

"Either you do it, or we do it."

Aerie looks at me with a sigh. "It's fine, Kitty-kat," she says. "Just do it."

"Fuck no!" I yell. "You think I would do that?! What are you, stupid?!"

She begins to smile softly, which just makes me all the more enraged. "Katsuki," she says, "I would much rather it be you than one of them."

"I don't care what you want, I'm not fucking doing that!"

"Katsuki, please," she says, but she's cut off by the sound of the door swinging open.

One of the goons from earlier enters the room, and I don't hesitate to jump in front of my girl and rev up my quirk, palms aiming at the bastard and ready to fire.

The goon wastes no time snatching the gun from his back and aiming it between my eyes. "Move," he bellows, finally uttering a word for the first time I've heard since I've had the inconvenience of being in the same room as him. "Or you're both dead."

"Kitty-kat," Aerie says, with an attempt to lower my arm with her hand. "It's okay."

"No!" I shout, not budging. "I'm not gonna let him hurt you!"

"Katsuki," she snaps. "I don't want to fucking die, and I don't want you to, either. Just stop. I'm gonna be ok, just say you'll do it."

"I told you, I'm not fucking doing that!" I shout. I want so badly to blast this bastard away, but even as he begins to walk towards me, I can't bring myself to fire and risk Aerie's safety.

Once the dumb bastard is close enough, he puts down his gun and grabs me, pinning my arms behind me.

"Let go of me, fatass!" I scream. "Get the fuck away from me!"

As I'm struggling, the second goon enters the room. Aerie takes a couple steps to back away from him, but he continues to close in on her.

"Don't touch her!" I scream. "Get the fuck away from her!"

But he pays me no mind. As soon as he's close enough, the bastard takes his giant arm and swings his fist across her face, immediately knocking her to the ground.

   She stays down for a moment, and I think she might be out cold, but she then lifts her trunk off the floor and spits out a mouthful of blood.

"Aerie!" I cry.

   It's gut-wrenching to realize that even now that she's right here in front of me, there's still nothing I can do to help her.

The bastard takes a step, before swinging his leg and kicking her in the face with all of his might.

Aerie's head swings back, causing her to flip from on her stomach to on her back. "Fuck," she says to herself as she tries to sit up again, nose pouring blood all the way down her chin.

"Stop!" I cry. "Don't touch her!"

"Just say you'll do it, Katsuki!" she shouts back at me, sympathetic tone gone.

My heart wrenches as tears begin to well up in my eyes. "Fine!" I scream, releasing all of my desperation into the sound. I pause for a moment, trying to get a hold of myself. "I'll do it," I say, with a sniffle.

And just like that, the goon lets go of me, and the both of them walk out the door without another word.

As soon as they're gone, I rush to Aerie's side. "Are you okay?" I ask, frantically.