chapter 47: your worst nightmare

"What's that, Bakugo?" I say with a smile. "You're excited to be on my team, too?"

   "Shut up!" he shouts, "That's not what I said!"

   I can't help but to giggle a little.

   All Might gives my little friend some words of encouragement as I stand around, trying to seem like the whole purpose of me being here isn't to murder this guy. When he eventually moves on to other students, I decide to poke the Baku-bear once again.

   "I'm actually excited to work with you, Bakugo," I say, "You have some serious skills." It's true. I would like to see all what he can do.

   "Tch." He rolls his eyes.

   "So it'll really show how good I am when I outshine you," I add with a smirk, I just couldn't help it.

   "Didn't I tell you to shut up?!" he shouts, "Why do you always have something annoying to say?!"

   "Because getting a rise out of you is so easy!" I laugh, then tilt my head towards him. "And you're cute when you're mad."

I'm a bit shocked at my own words just now, I can't believe that just said that out loud. Man, if Shiggy heard me say that, he would have a cow.

   Bakugo's face turns a bright shade of red. "Shut the hell up!" he shouts, obviously embarrassed.

Well, with a reaction like that, maybe it was worth it.

   I wait for the dumb rules to be explained and blah blah blah. Then, it's go time.

   Me and Baku...boom? Nah. That's terrible. There's no way I'm gonna be able to top Bakubro. Me and ~sparky~ start upstairs, guarding some kind of fake weapon (like any villain actually does shit like that). I try to make small talk, but he has some sort of hard on for hating Midoriya. He calls him "Deku" which is apparently offensive, but I'm not exactly sure why. And for some reason, he gets pissed off when I state the obvious fact that said Deku has a quirk. I try to give him my plan, one that would guarantee a win, but he doesn't seem interested in the slightest.

   "Bakugo?" I say, "Are you listening to me?"

   "Yeah, whatever."

   I fold my arms. "So you understand the plan? Do you have a better idea?"

   Unlikely.

   "Yes. Here's my plan, I sneak attack Deku while you defend the weapon."

God, this guy's an idiot.

   I try to explain to him why exactly that is the most boneheaded plan of all time, but he completely ignores me. And as soon as the clock starts, he takes off.

Ignoring me?! Blowing me off?! And now he's going to go do all the fighting himself?! As if! That guy's fucking dead!

   I march around the room, sending everything in sight to nowhere so Uraraka can't use her cute little quirk on me. It's pretty annoying, there's so much unnecessary junk and props and whatnot, so by the time Uraraka finally shows up, I'm actually kinda pissed off. Part of me wants to say fuck it and let her capture the weapon, but no. Our loss needs to be Bakugo's fault. Also, I can't pass up an opportunity to practice my Judo on someone that isn't my boyfriend.

   "Hey, hero," I say with a smirk, folding my arms across my chest.

   She looks around the room frantically, and I can't help but giggle at the look on her face as she realizes there's nothing in here that she can use against me.

   I waste no time beaming right in front of her, ready to fight. "Let's go," I say with an excited smile.

   Her eyes widen in fear, but she resumes a fighting stance to match mine.