chapter 59: so?

"I think we should celebrate!" says Kiri, hands on my shoulders, violently shaking me.

   "Celebrate?" I say, raising an eyebrow. I can't get over how excited he is over this.

   "Yes! You got third place out of the entire school! We need to do something! Throw a party, hit the town!"

   "Hit the town?" I repeat, with a small chuckle.

   Man, I can't remember the last time I 'hit the town'. It's had to have been at least a year. And to be honest, it doesn't sound half bad right about now. I mean, I do have some pretty important Aerie matters that I need to attend to, but that can wait a few hours, right? Kai can stay out just a little while longer, it won't hurt anything. I can get my ass chewed out by Shiggy any day of the week, but this is a celebration of the UA festival! It's a once in a lifetime deal!

   "Can we invite Katsuki?" I ask excitedly.

   "Of course we can invite our Bakubro! I doubt we'd get him to come, though."

   "We can certainly try!" I say with a grin.

   "Alright, so where to?"

   Then, I get the perfect idea. "I know this Karaoke bar pretty close by that I used to go to, and they never asked for my ID. Maybe they still don't, and we could celebrate for real."

   "Oh, man! I like the sound of that! Let's go!"

~

My night at the karaoke bar with Kiri and Katsuki... it's absolutely unreal. Nothing really happens in particular, we get mildly drunk, play never have I ever, sing a few songs. But the feeling I have, just hanging out with these guys, it's like something I've never experienced before. It think it's the feeling of... friendship?

Now, I know how pathetic that sounds. But think about it, childhood prodigy, started highschool at 9 years old, was a soloing nomad at the ripe age of 10, met my recluse of a boyfriend at 15, I've just never had the time to make friends. And who woulda thought that the first friends I ever made were two wannabe heroes I met while undercover behind enemy lines?

I try not to think about that aspect of it too much, though, and just try to enjoy their company while I can. This feeling I get, laughing at each other's jokes, poking harmless fun at one another, just having pure, unadulterated fun, it's something that I've never had before. This new experience, I like it a lot.

I find myself having a little too much fun towards the end of the night, though. I drink way too much, and end up making myself sick. After I do my best to puke out all the poison, my two buddies start to walk me home. I still have a few wits about me though, and I don't let them see exactly where my apartment is. This part of the night is honestly a bit of a blur, but I do know that I made it to my apartment in one piece somehow.

After battling with the keys for a good 60 seconds, I finally manage to get inside.

And when I flip on the light, I'm scared half to death by my blue-haired boyfriend sitting there on the couch, arms folded, with a scowl on his face.

   The sight sobers me up pretty quickly.

   "Oh, shit," I say with a nervous laugh. "You scared me, Shiggy."

   He narrows his eyes. "Are you drunk?" he asks.

   Is it that obvious?

   "Well I wouldn't say drunk, but I've got a little buzz goin for sure," I say, kicking off my shoes.

   He stares me down, seeming unimpressed to say the least.

   I clear my throat. "How long have you been sitting there?" I ask, trying to change the subject.