chapter 76: girlfriend?!

I lower myself into the wonderfully warm water and let out a long sigh. I love hot springs, it's one of my favorite parts of Japan. Although, I wish I could enjoy this with my boyfriend. But sadly, we're separated by a 30-foot wall.

"Let's play a game, guys!" says Mina.

"What kind of game?" asks Tsu.

"What about fuck, marry, kill?" she replies.

"That's a bit vulgar..." says Momo.

"Alright," Mina says, looking around. "How about this? We go around, and say the one guy out of our class we would date, if we had to choose one."

"I'd rather die," mumbles Jirou.

"Me too," Tsu says, shaking her head.

"Oh come on, guys," groans Mina. "Have a little fun! Here, I'll go first. If I had to choose one guy out of class 1A, it would be... Bakugo!"

Everyone's jaws hit the floor. "What?!" they all say in unison.

   I feel my eye twitch.

   What the hell did this bitch say?!

   "Bakugo?" says Momo, flabbergasted. "Why?"

   "I dunno," Mina says with a smile, shrugging her shoulders. "He's kinda cute."

   "Cute? The guy's a loose cannon. You might as well have a crush on a rabid dog," says Tsu, shaking her head.

   "I don't know, I find his explosive attitude kind of sexy. He could yell at me any day."

I bite the tip of my tongue in an attempt not to blow a gasket. The thought of another girl thirsting over my boyfriend makes me want to throw hands.

   "I wouldn't say that if I were you," chuckles Jirou.

   "What?" says Mina, cocking her head in innocent curiosity. "Why not?"

   "Kai has dibs," Jirou says, covering her smiling mouth and pointing in my direction.

   Everyone turns their head to where I'm sitting, and I forcibly soften my angry glare.

   "Dibs?" says Mina. "What is this, middle school? I say let the best man win."

Ha! Like my Katsuki would ever go for someone as simple minded as pinky over here. The fact that she'd even entertain that thought blows my mind.

   "I already won," I say with a slight chuckle.

   "Wait, what?" she says.

   "Katsuki's mine," I reply.

   "Wait, you mean like, you two are together?" she says with a confused look on her face.

"I thought you and Kirishima were a thing," says Momo.

   I close my eyes with a slight huff.

Aren't a guy and a girl allowed to be friends?

"No. I'm with Katsuki," I say, setting the record straight.

   Mina raises an eyebrow. "So you're telling me that Baku-"

   All of the sudden, we hear something from the other side of the wall. A choir of boys singing "Girlfriend?!" all in unison.

Then, after a moment, we hear a lone voice. A gorgeous, raspy one. "That's right! And not only do I have a girlfriend, I have the best girlfriend! Now you can all cry yourselves to sleep knowing that Katsuki Bakugo has the girl of your dreams! Ha!"

   The girls all look at each other in awe.

"Holy shit, Kai!" laughs Mina, "You were right!"

"I know," I mutter, half in awe that Katsuki would say that about me in front of everyone.

"I need details!" Mina continues, "How long have you two been together?"

All of the sudden, I get a giddy feeling in my throat. Talking about my love story feels like it's making it real.

I feel a smirk on my lips. "Officially?" I say, "Well, since the night before finals. But we were unofficial since we started internship."

"What happened during internship?" she asks, eyes wide with curiosity.

"Well, that's when we went on our first date."

"How in the world did you get Bakugo to agree go on a date with you?" chuckles Jirou.

I shrug. "He liked me."

"How could you tell?" asks Uraraka.

"You can always tell," I say with a smile, shaking my head.

"So what happened on your date?" asks Momo. Everyone's seeming invested at this point.

"He kissed me," I say with a reminiscing smile. "And the rest... well, is history."

"Is he a good kisser?" asks Mina.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Sorry," she says with a cheeky smile. "I tend to get carried away."

"It's fine," I say with a half smile, shaking my head.

"How long did you have a crush on him? Since school started?" asks Uraraka.

I chuckle. "I was in denial since the entrance exam. Then that day that he ignored the people huddled at the door before the sports festival, I realized I might have had a slight crush. And during the camping trip, there was no denying it anymore."

"What happened on the camping trip?" asks Tsu, with an eyebrow raised.

I scratch the back of my head. "Can we be done with questions?" I chuckle.

"I can't believe you weaseled your way into Bakugo's soft spot," says Jirou with a smile, shaking her head.

"It wasn't easy," I sigh. "Well, actually, it was. I didn't have to do much, it just took persistence."

"Well I'm sure it was easy for you, Kai. You're perfect for him," says Mina.

I cock my head. "Why do you say that?"

Mina laughs. "C'mon! You're hard-headed, competitive, strong, smart-"

"And you love making fun of people," adds Tsu.

"Y'all are a match made in heaven!" says Mina.

"I guess," I chuckle.