chapter 80: revelations

part 3

bakugo

Shigaraki grins as he peels his eyes off Kai to look at me again. "Oh, Bakugo." He points at Kai, "This here," then at himself, "Is my girlfriend."

   My heart just about explodes. "...What?" is all I manage to say, in a near whisper.

   He's lying. there's no possible way-

   "Not anymore!" Kai protests.

   "What?!" I yell, "Anymore?!" What was once confusion has quickly turned in to a devastating disbelief.

   Kai barely even glances in my direction.

   Kai was... she was with this scumbag?! My Kai?! When?! Why?! How the hell can this be happening?!

   Shigaraki crosses his arms as he looks down at who I once thought was my loving girlfriend. "Hm?" he says, "This is the first I'm hearing of this."

   "I thought that was made apparent when you tried to kill me," she remarks as she continues to glare at him, still without paying me any mind.

   Shigaraki's expression shows clear offense at the accusation. "Tried to- kitten! I would never try to kill you!"

   If this motherfucker calls my girl "kitten" one more time I swear to fucking god.

"Wh- you threw me out of a moving car!" she exclaims.

   The memory of the sight of Kai's lifeless and bloodied body on the side of the road flashes through my mind, then all I see is red.

   "That was him?!" I yell.

   They continue to ignore me, and the sharp feeling of rage begins to take hold.

   This is the motherfucker that almost killed my princess?! He's the one who's been hurting her this whole time?! That's it, I want this guy's head on a stick!

   "That wasn't an attempt to kill you!" Shigaraki protests.

   "We were going like 60 miles an hour!" she exclaims.

   "And you were fine!" he replies, with a slight chuckle.

  The sight of these two bickering like an old married couple causes me to grit my teeth. It's obvious that these two have history, and my blood boils at the thought.

   She shakes her head at him and narrows her eyes in disgust. "I almost bled out, you bastard," she spits.

   "C'mon kitten," he coos, bending down to be face to face with her. "I know it'd take much more than that to kill you," he says, boops her nose, then stands up straight. "If I wanted you dead, you'd be nothing but dust right now. Now stop this little rebellious act of yours, and come home."

   "Go to hell," she replies, glaring at him.

   He lets out a big sigh. "Alright. You want me to apologize? Fine. I'm sorry, okay? I was angry. It wont happen again."

   She scoffs. "Uh, yeah right. I'm not stupid enough to fall for that. It always happens again."

   "Not this time, okay? I promise," he says in a gentle tone, which is bizarre to hear from a merciless villain like him.

   She narrows her eyes. "You're right. It won't happen this time, because I'm done with you, Shiggy."

   Shiggy?! She gave him a nickname?! That's it.

   "Kai!" I scream, so loud that they can't ignore me anymore.

   They finally look over at me.

   "What the fuck?!" I scream just as loud, heart and mind racing at a million miles an hour as I try to process scene before me.