chapter 15: ...i'm an idiot

I pace back and forth.

This was all her fault, right? She didn't say 'I give up' like she was supposed to, that's why I didn't hesitate to blast the hell out of her. So this is 100% on her, right? It couldn't have possibly been on me, I did everything I had to to win. I told her I was gonna kill her, I warned her dumb ass! Her getting all fucked up was her fault, not mine, right?!

My thoughts are interrupted by the bathroom door suddenly swinging open.

In walks Kirishima along with Dunce-face, talking and laughing about something, but their smiles disappear when they see me.

"Hey, Bakugo," says the dunce. "What the hell, man? Did you really have to blast Kai that hard?"

I clench my fist.

"And why did you call her Glitch-bitch?" he continues, "Do you like, hate women or something?"

Alright, Dunce-face. Time to die.

As I walk towards him, Kirishima jumps in front of him with his hands up. "Whoa, man," he says, "Calm down. Denki was just leaving."

"What?" says the half-wit. "No I wasn't!"

"Get out of here, man," Kirishima insists.

"But I have to pee!"

"Just go!"

"Ugh, fine." Dunce-face flashes me a dirty look before leaving.

When the door closes, Kirishima puts his hands on his hips and sighs. "You wanna tell me what happened?" he asks.

"Who are you, my mom?" I move towards the door to try and catch up to Dunce-face, but Kirishima steps in front of me.

"C'mon, man," he says, "What happened?"

I really don't want to talk about this right now. Even if it was technically her fault, I still feel like an asshole, and I'm embarrassed.

"Bakugo?" he says kindly. The look on his face shows compassion, and he seems genuine.

I sigh. I don't want Kirishima to think that I tried to cold-bloodedly kill the girl. He is kind of my friend, after all. He's never given me a reason not to trust him, and maybe he'll hear me out.

"I didn't know she couldn't dodge," I mutter. "I didn't know that blast would actually hit her. I was just so mad and..." I sigh. "I wanted to win."

"I understand, bro. I don't blame you for what happened, I know it was an accident," he says as he places a hand on my shoulder. "Have you gone to see her yet?"

"Have you?"

"Yeah, man. The whole class went to see her."

"Is she like... okay?" I mutter.

"Yeah, she's totally fine," he says with a smile. "Recovery girl fixed everything but her hand, and that's gonna take a few days."

Well, that's a relief. Hero agencies would hate me if she would've been seriously injured, and I honestly thought she was toast for a second there.

"Why would I go to see her?" I say, "I'm sure she hates my guts after I blasted the hell out of her like that."

"Nah, not at all bro. She's wondering where you are."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not going."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm the reason she's in there. I've sent her to Recovery Girl twice today, I'm sure she's pissed. She's just gonna call me an asshole and tell me to leave."