chapter 8: league of idiots

"This is no time for analysis! Hurry up and evacuate!" Four-eyes yells at a muttering Deku.

    Leave it to that nerd to take notes as USJ is being attacked by villains.

    "I won't allow that." The black hole-looking thing that the villains emerged from opens up in front of us. "Greetings. We are the League of Villains," it alliterates in a deep voice as it looms ominously over us. "Forgive our audacity, but today, we've come to UA university- this bastion of heroism, to end the life of All Might, the symbol of peace."

    Yeah, right! Like we'd sit here and let these scum attack us without retaliation! I'm gonna rush this bastard!

    "Not if we end you first!" I yell as I unleash a blast at the center of the darkness.

    "Bet you didn't see that coming!" Weird-hair adds as he runs up next to me.

    But as the smoke clears, it becomes apparent that my attack did nothing. "That was close, yes," the warp says as it returns to its original position. "Students though you may be, you are the best of the best."

    "Guys, what are you doing?!" I hear Glitch-girl's voice call from behind us.

    "Begone." The black hole then wraps around our entire class, and we're left with nowhere to run. "Writhe in torment," the disembodied voice echoes, now coming from all angles. "Until you breathe your very last."

    We're then consumed by the abyss. The empty feeling of in-between is similar to Glitch-girl's void, but instead of a blinding whiteness, it's a harrowing darkness.

    After a few moments, I'm spit out onto the ground in a new place. To be honest, I'm not even phased. This is something I've learned to get used to.

    I stand and look around, but there's not much to see in this demolished yet empty room besides Glitch-girl and Weird-hair on the ground next to me.

    Glitch-girl stands and brushes off. "That was...violating."

     Is she serious?!

    "You do it to me all the time!" I exclaim.

    She flips me off, flashing that stupid tattoo.

    Weird-hair scrambles to his feet. "What the heck was that?! Where are we?!"

    Glitch-girl looks around. "I think we're still at USJ, this looks like the collapsed zone."

    "Well what was the point of sending us here?" he asks. "Can't we just-"

    Across the room, another warp gate opens up, and two villains crawl out.

    Before I even have time to process, Glitch-girl has already flashed between them and started fighting. Her moves are pretty efficient, not 5 seconds have passed before they're both knocked out on the ground.

    She blows a piece of hair out of her face. "Thanks for the help, guys."

    Weird-hair shrugs. "It looks like you had it covered."

    She stares at the villains laying out-cold on the floor. "There will be more..." she mutters.

    "How do you-"

    Before I can finish my sentence, there's more.

    They come at us from all angles in groups of three or four, but all it takes is a single hit to blow each of them away. I've knocked out 10 without even breaking a sweat.

    This is the best they could do? They're so weak! I guess I was giving Glitch-girl's fighting skills too much credit, I could probably take on these punks without even using my quirk.