chapter 98: mozart

bakugo

   My eyes suddenly shoot open at the sound of my alarm clock. I frantically look around my dorm, before I realize that that interaction I just had with Kai was in fact, a dream.

   How could I be so stupid? Of course it was a dream. It's always a dream. I feel stupid that I thought just for a second that could be real.

   I sit up, stretching and yawning, swinging my legs off the side of my bed to try and wake myself up.

How the fuck am I supposed to get over that damn girl when she keep haunting my dreams? I mean, it was nice the first couple of times, but now, she shows up like every night! How am I ever gonna get past this when I'm reminded of how much I miss her every time I go to sleep?

   I stand up, get dressed, and amble over to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The damn girl is gone, and still, she'll be the death of me.

I go to the common area to relax a bit before school, and sit down on the couch next to Kirishima. And just as I'm enjoying my peaceful time on the couch with my friend, minding my own business, I'm disturbed by some pink girl who plops in the seat next to me.

"Heyy, Bakugo," she says, "It's nice to see you out and about again!"

I refuse to look her way. "Tch," is all I say to her, and that's me being nice.

"Seems like you're finally getting over that Miyasaki girl," she says. "I'm kinda glad she's gone, she was kind of a bitch anyway."

   Suddenly, my chest fills with rage, and flies out of my mouth in an instant. "What the fuck did you just say?!" I shout.

"Oh, sorry," she says, cheeks beginning to turn red. "It's just that it seemed kinda like you two had a toxic relationship. I remember when you were yelling at her at lunch because she was ignoring you. Then she just up and leaves? She doesn't seem like she was the best girlfriend."

"You don't know the first thing about her!" I shout, rage boiling over at someone daring to talk shit about Kaiya when she's not even here to defend herself. "I don't care what you think, she was the best! And no one can replace her, especially not you, Raccoon-eyes!"

The girl gets up and runs away with her hands covering her face, but it's not like I care.

No matter what happened between me and Kai, no one is gonna say shit about her but me. I'm not gonna sit around moping for the rest of my life, but I'm sure as hell not gonna let somebody talk about her like that, or think that they'll be able to get in my good graces like she did. If my dreams have reminded me of anything, it's that even though she's gone now, she was special. I'm always going to love her, and I'm always going to protect her from shit like that.

"Woah, man," says Kirishima. "That's a little mean. She was trying to be nice."

"How is it nice when she talks shit about my girlfriend directly to my face?"

"Your girlfriend..?"

Fuck. I think my dreams are getting to me.

I shake my head. "I mean, my ex."

"What's goin on, man?" he says, "It seemed like you were getting over her, but you've started to seem down and out about her again."

"What makes you say that?"

"You just called her your girlfriend."

   I know it'd be embarrassing to open up about this, but it's killing me that I have no one to talk to about it.