chapter 88: nowhere

aerie

   I'm honestly in awe. Here I am, dirty laundry out in the open, all my sins laid out on the table, and I'm still laying here, wrapped in Katsuki's arms. Strange as it may seem, it almost feels like we're even closer than before. I feel like I don't have to hide anymore, and I'm assuming he feels like most of his questions have been answered. To be completely honest, I never thought in a million years that, after everything came to light, he would still be here. Hell, I never thought he'd be with me in the first place, until he was. But right here, right now, it feels like my whole life has lead to this moment. And I know in my heart, that this is where I'm meant to be. Next to him, in a home that accepts me as their own, with friends a phone call away, with an entire future ahead of me. It feels almost too good to be true. But now, after everything, I can finally accept that it is. This is it. The beginning of my new life. A second chance.

   "I love you, Aerie," Katsuki says, ending the silence, and taking me by surprise.

   I feel myself smile. "You can call me Kai," I say, softly.

   That's who I am, who I really want to be. Kaiya Miyasaki. She was a blessing in disguise, and now I'm ready for her to be my new life.

   "Okay, Kai," he says, then plants a kiss on my forehead.

   We lay there for a while, until we start to get nervous his parents will come home from work. We get dressed, then sit on the floor.

   "Thank you, Katsuki," I say.

   "For what?" he replies.

   "For being there for me. I know I don't deserve it."

   "You do deserve it."

   "How?" I chuckle.

   "I feel like, just 'cause you were with that bastard, that you thought you were a bad person or something. But you're not."

"Not anymore," I say, "I've found my reason."

"Reason?"

"My reason to change my villainous ways," I say, half-jokingly.

"What's your reason?" he says.

"It's you, dumbass. Obviously."

"Me?"

I let my soft smile take over. "Yes," I say, "You've shown me how love is supposed to feel. You've taught me that there's good in this world. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

He smiles. "Really?" he says, leaning back a little.

"Yes," I reply, "I want to be a good person, like you."

He shakes his head. "You're already a good person, Kai."

   I feel myself smile. "Really?"

   He sighs, with a slight roll of his eyes. "I'm not saying you're a saint, but you're not like them."

   "They aren't all bad..." I say, fiddling with the bottom hem of my pajama pants.

   "Hey," Katsuki says, sternly. "You're not gonna sit here in my house and praise those villain scum after what he did to you."

   "I mean, I know Tomura isn't perfect, but-"

   "No!" he says, raising his voice. "Stop making excuses for him!"

   I put my tongue in my cheek.

   "He hurt you, Kaiya," he continues. "I don't care about however justified you think he is in doing what he does, but there's no excuse for that."