chapter 49: kittykat

I have anticipation leaking out of my pores. I've next been this excited about anything in my life! Today's the day! We're infiltrating! We're killing All Might! Shiggy is gonna absolutely love me! I'm already in a chipper mood, so when I realize that Kat...let's see... alliteration... Kat... Kit kat? Oh my god, no! Kittykat! Yes! It's perfect! Alliteration, plus the perfect about of femininity to make him absolutely hate it! I've done it! God, I can't wait to use it! Ahem, so, when I realize that ~kittykat~ is assigned to the seat next to me, I just about jump for joy.

He sits down, arms folded across his chest, with an annoyed frown on his face.

"Hey, kittykat," I say with a smile.

The look of sheer horror on his face is just spectacular. "What the hell did you just call me?!" he screams.

I can't help but burst out laughing. "Your face!" I manage to say between guffaws.

"Shut the hell up!"

"I thought you'd like it. It's alliteration, like your nickname for me!" I say proudly.

"Didn't I tell you never to speak to me again?"

"You didn't say that." I smile faintly as I remember when someone said that to me.

Katsuki groans audibly.

I scoot closer to him. "I like how we always get paired together. It's like the universe wants us to be friends! We should listen to the signs, kittykat."

"Scoot over you damn lunatic! I don't want your psychosis to rub off on me."

"Ha! Always something wittingly mean to say."

He rolls his eyes.

"I like it," I say softly.

He leans his head away from me. "Gross."

Gross? Ha, what? Did he just say that me flirting with him is... gross?! What the fuck is wrong with him?! Is he blind?! Deaf?! Not right in the head?!

"If you wanna talk strong, that'd be Todoroki and Bakugo," I overhear Kiri saying.

Todoroki and B- well, hold the fuck on, now!

"Whoa woah woah," I say. "What about me?! I'm obviously stronger than Bakugo!"

"You are not!" Katsuki shouts.

We then all go back and forth, about how my quirk is better for defense and blah blah blah. I can send people into a void for eternity with a snap of my fingers, and all my quirk is good for is defense?! I can teleport across the world in less than a second, but Mr. Grenade launcher and Sir Temperature are considered stronger?! These people have lost their damn minds.

"Kai will be popular with a quirk like that, no matter how bad her personality is," says Tsu.

I jump to my feet. "You better watch it, Froakie. Why don't you hop on out of here."

"Yeah, back to your lily pad," Katsuki adds, still pissed off that they said he wouldn't be popular.

I turn to him. "What the hell did we ever do to them?"

"They're just hating because they know we're the strongest in the class, and that we can destroy them any day."

I nod. "Damn straight."

"Sit down," Aizawa groans, and we both plop back down in our seat.

I nudge Katsuki with my elbow. "So you really think I'm one of the strongest in the class?"

I mean, of course I am. But I want to hear him say it.

"Psh. Only the best of the best can take me on, and live to talk about it."

I sink down in the seat with a smile.

Wow. He actually said something kinda... nice. I hope Shiggy doesn't kill him in a few minutes.