chapter 118: embrace

bakugo

I barely believe my eyes when I see Aerie appear again, grasping that bastard Shigaraki's arm with an exhilarated grin.

I look down at her hand, and her fingers are still mangled, still bent every which way and black and blue. I look up at her face, which even with her excited smile, looks just as surprised as I am.

"How?" is all I can manage to say.

"I don't know!" she cries, with ecstatic tears beginning to form in her eyes. "Isn't it awesome?!"

"Oh my god, Kai!" says Kirishima, before taking her into his arms and lifting her off the ground with a spin. "You're amazing!"

"You're amazing!" she says after he puts her down. "How the hell did you find us?!"

"Ask him," Kirishima says, gesturing to the eczema-covered villain scum who stands there, still and expressionless.

"Oh my god, Shiggy!" Aerie says, then rushes to his side, pulling him in to a bear hug, causing me to grit my teeth at the sight.

I see the hint of a smile on his ugly ass face as he lightly places his hand over her back. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner," he mutters.

She pulls away to look at him. "How did you do it?!"

He sighs, faint smile growing into a sliver of one. "It's amazing what people will tell you when you disintegrate the walls around them," he says.

"So what the hell happened?" she says, excitedly. "How did you two team up?"

Kirishima sighs. "Well, I didn't know how to contact Shigaraki, so... I had to make a video of my own."

Aerie's jaw drops. "No fucking way," she says, "You went full villain?!"

"I had to do something," Kirishima says, with a sheepish smile. "I couldn't lose you guys for good."

I fold my arms with a shake of my head and a smile. "I didn't think you had it in you," I chuckle.

He sighs. "You were right, sticking with the heroes just because I was afraid was so not manly."

Shigaraki studies Aerie's battered face, then glances at my bruised and bloodied knuckles. "What did they do to you in there?" he asks, in a monotone voice.

"Eh, nothing too bad," she says, with a shrug if her shoulders and a smile. "But I think Katsuki had it worse."

I roll of my eyes. "It fucking sucked, you're just insane."

   "I can't believe we actually got out of there alive," she chuckles, shaking her head. "I thought we were fucking toast."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I say, raising my voice. "You were the one saying I should have hope and that we would get out of there alive!"

"Yeah," she sighs. "I didn't want you to give up because I liked seeing you every day, but I thought we were dead meat from the beginning."

I shake my head. "You're crazy," I say, annoyed.

"Crazy for you, maybe," she replies, with a smirk.

As pissed off as I am, I can't stop myself from smiling through it as I'm suddenly overcome with emotion at that stupid remark of hers. I take a step towards her and take her into my arms, squeezing the life out of her. "You're so fucking stupid," I say, shaking my head as happy tears begin to form in my eyes.

"I love you guys!" Kirishima says, voice beginning to crack, before flinging his arms around the both of us.

We all stand there for a moment, holding each other tight, then Kai takes her arm from around me and beckons Shigaraki over. He hesitates at first, but then slowly walks to us, and joins us.